turn off email notifications for chats

Tommy1
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

turn off email notifications for chats

Is there a way to turn off email notifications of chats and ONLY recieve the chat messages through the Air BnB app?

34 Replies 34

I have this exact same issue. Every time I get a message from a host both my phone and laptop receive the email, plus a push notification on my phone. All I want is the push notification -- no need for any emails!

I ended up having to create a custom filter in Gmail with these options:

from:(express@airbnb.com) subject:("Reservation at" -"Billing receipt")

Nathan43
Level 1
Denver, CO

Same issue. Please fix this horrendous "feature". It's inexcusable.

Agreed. Hard to believe that Airbnb really has their hosts' interests at heart when they insist on relentlessly spamming their inboxes.

Luming0
Level 1
Hangzhou, China

This is such a reasonable request i wish it can be addressed promptly!

Joe107
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Yes airbnb please allow us to stop the redundant emails!

Too many emails guys!! Text/App notifications are enough.  Let's turn them off please!!!!!

Julia219
Level 1
Oakland, CA

I agree this is pretty annoying. The only solution I found was to create a gmail filter to automatically archive the email. 

Matches: from:(express@airbnb.com) TEXT OF YOUR LISTING'S NAME
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Airbnb"

RomyandJan0
Level 2
Prague, CZ

Please, allow to turn off the email notifications for Airbnb app messages!

Yes AirBNB please change this! Super annoying to get an email and an app notification. Can I just delete my email address from my account?

Alberto178
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I second this. At some point I was receiving notifications for every message through text, app and email.   After careful inspection I've been able to disable text messages, but I'm at a loss on how to turn off emails for every single message I get. 

Stop The Annoying Emails! 

Andreas141
Level 1
Gothenburg, Sweden

I second this. Please let us disable emails for messages!

Jeremy143
Level 1
Cumming, GA

I actually liked getting the email messages.  Like many other users, I go for weeks at a time, or longer, without staying at an AirBnB.  So I enjoy having the email notifiations tell me when someone sends me a message.  

On my most recent stay, the host tried to contact me for a few days prior to my visit.  But I never responded becuase AirBnB seems to have silently turned off the emails starting this month.  I still have email selected in "Messages" for my account, but I do not recieve the emails.

Recently Airbnb have started sending me SMS messages even though I never checked the box, I do not want them. I blocked the phone number the message comes from.