turn off email notifications for chats

Tommy1
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

turn off email notifications for chats

Is there a way to turn off email notifications of chats and ONLY recieve the chat messages through the Air BnB app?

34 Replies 34
William2
Level 1
Washington, DC

So has this been addressed? I don't see any posts since 2017. 

I am still receiving emails even after unchecking the email boxes in the notifications section. 

I'm going to say no. I'm pretty sure the only reason why it's not an issue for myself is I use gmail and set up a rule to auto delete the e-mail form of the conversation messages. 

It's probably a liability issue so that if their app fails or even their internal message system doesn't display the chats for whatever reason, you still have an e-mail papertrail.

It's annoying, I agree.

I made e-mail filters so they all go into a folder and get marked as read upon delivery so I don't have to see them.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It may be annoying, but be cautious about turning off all but one method of receiving communications. The platform can be really glitchy and one of those methods can suddenly stop working. I used to only have the SMS box checked, but one day it just stopped working. This resulted in me missing responding to a booking request within 24 hours, it was just lucky timing that I happened to look at my Airbnb messaging inbox, 25 hours after the request had been sent. The guest, who I explained to and apologized, did go on to book, but Airbnb still dinged me on my Response rate, even though it was their software glitch, not my inattention, that was the cause. It took a month and a half to start getting my SMS notifications back.

So it's really best to have at least a couple of notification methods checked in case one fails. Its not an uncommon scenario.

Tara150
Level 2
Grand Junction, CO

So stinking annoying.  I hope Airbnb fixes this soon.