unanunced visitors

Heidi-Edith0
Level 1
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

unanunced visitors

my current client is asking me for  second pair of keys, is the first time a client don't tell me in advance they'll be two people, most of mi rentals had been two but them show the other person from the reservation, so i know who they are... and usually couples, now this guy is asking me a extra set of keys for a best friend unannounced and i am afraid they may bring more people randomly to the apartment. how should i proceed 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did they only book for one person? @Heidi-Edith0  If so and you accept two people you can ask them to add the second person to the booking and pay any additional cost involved.

Sometimes two people do have different arrangements so want two sets of keys but it is quite unusual.

Does the guest who booked have previous reviews? What did they say is the purpose of their stay. If it is a stay for New Year's then I would be careful to check in case they want to use it for a party. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Heidi-Edith0  You need to explain to this guy that he can't just have more people stay than the number he booked for. If his friend wants to stay, he needs to be added to the booking. And if you charge per guest, make sure he understands that there will be an added fee.

Also, you seem to have a sense that this guest will have even more people over, so make sure he is aware that his booking will be cancelled if this should happen.