under airbnb reservations are we able to charge guests for failing to comply with check out rules ?

Penne8
Level 1
Cumming, GA

under airbnb reservations are we able to charge guests for failing to comply with check out rules ?

When my cleaners arrived, they found every trash can full and spilling out on the floor.  Toilet seats were spotted, etc.  Is there a way i can charge these

guests for these additional cleaning items ?  Thanks,

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Penne8 If emptying the trash and cleaning the toilets is in your listing rules then you probably can. Whether you should is an entirely different matter. The things you describe are not good but probably not worth claiming for.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Penne8  Having to pay your cleaners for the extra time required after a guest who did not follow your rules can be annoying -- but be careful about contacting the guest and charging them for this extra expense.  Most guests will ignore the request.

Unless a guest causes cleaning fees above a certain amount, i.e., double or triple the normal time allocated for a clean and the fees associated with that, I do not go after the guest.  They will probably deny it, and the amount is still not significant enough to apply to Air for reimbursement.  My review of the guest will reflect the need for extra cleaning and I will mark the guest as a "No" to rehosting.

I have "padded" my cleaning costs by a few dollars above what my cleaners charge for a normal turnover clean.  As not all guests cause extra time, this small amount becomes the "kitty" for the once a year bad actor.