unfair location ratings

Cecil14
Level 1
Kingsley, MI

unfair location ratings

I can not believe people will rent a place and then knock down the location.  They knew from the start  and this was her final response.

The location wasn't ideal but it was available. It ended up being nicer than we expected.

So they were pleasantly surprised and rated me a 3.   Is there anywhere to protest this?

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Cecil14  pretty much every host complains about location ratings. It's a very subjective issue and honestly one it is best to ignore. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Cecil14 

Location is so subjective. And it doesn't always mean to the guest the distance between your home to XX. I was just downrated in location because there was a construction tractor sitting on the road outside my house. It wasn't operating or in anyone's way, the state construction crew just parked it there for the weekend. But somehow to this one and only guest, this affected the "location." Shrug it off and roll your eyes. I don't think a low location score will prevent future guests from booking. The location might be perfect for them. 

Jarkko2
Level 2
Espoo, Finland

My flat is close to the airport but (naturally) a bit far away from the city. This fact is stated in the flat’s description.

Some of my guests have given me bad (even 2) review for the location because the flat is not in the city. This is understandable but it should not affect my status as a superhost! One solution could be that if the accuracy review is 5 then the location review would not affect the superhost status.

This was one reason why I lost my superhost status.