verification code sent when not requested

Henry9
Level 1
Millerton, NY

verification code sent when not requested

I have received 4 verification codes in the last 3 days from Airbnb.  I called the help desk and they said that there is a computer glitch in the system that is generating these codes to my number. It is about time to have the problem fixed.  Getting a unrequested verification code could be the only sign a host or guest has that their account is being hacked.  Please fix this in a timely way.  Knowing and doing are two different things.

23 Replies 23
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany
Jessica2159
Level 2
New York, United States

I'm having the same issue.  I keep getting verification codes texted to me.  I can't block the number because it's always from a different number, which isn't a phone number.  Feels like a hack.

Jessi Prahl
Pam1520
Level 1
Fall Creek, WI

Thank you for posting. I’m having the same issue. I’m relieved it’s just a glitch, albeit a worrisome one. 

Mandy344
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I thought I’d been hacked! What a relief it’s just a glitch.

Herb10
Level 2
United Kingdom

I just received one... 

Philip2326
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I keep receiving them too. Thanks for posting

Wendy1071
Level 8
Mississauga, Canada

This is happening to me too. 

Samantha811
Level 1
Spartià, Greece

Happening to me too. Why is it not fixed if Henry first reported it three weeks ago?

Josephine109
Level 2
Polegate, United Kingdom

Thanks for posting this, I am receiving the same texts and was worried it was a hack. 

Sara6204
Level 1
Doddington, United Kingdom

I received one at 23.55 last night and have now changed my password, not ideal, hope it gets sorted soon as felt I’d been hacked

Richard2126
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Hey, I’ve had 3 txts this month... The most recent being today! Hopefully Airbnb can get this resolved soon. 🤞

Sonya132
Level 1
Canberra, Australia

The same thing is happening for me.  So pleased it’s a “computer glitch”.  Your first report was 9th February and now it is 1st March snd this is still happening. When will it be fixed, I’m receiving them daily. 

Anne9831
Level 2
United Kingdom

I've had 2 in last few days. Phew, was getting worried! Thanks for sharing.... 

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Ok this is worrying. I changed my password the first time it happened and have just received an email this morning stating that my payout method was changed. In the message the email address was changed. It could be a bogus message but it did take me to my account?