verifying id and email

Janice-And-Steve0
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

verifying id and email

Hi,

We have now had one guest and several enquiries about our cottage.The first guest I approved is

coming for March 16.  I see that the email is really weird.. ends with @guestairbnb or somethinglike that.

Does not look like a real email. I did not notice this at first.  Also although I have preapproved this group I asked for government verified ID.  Now I ask fo r that right away.Three days have passed and they have not responded.  

If a person can't provide government verified ID I can deny/cancel the reservation right?

Same thing with the email, if they don't have a real email then I could deny/cancel the

reservation? They are also new to this system so I want to give them a chance.

1 Reply 1
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No one can email you directly, @Janice-And-Steve0, so all emails through the system will arrive in your email inbox from express@airbnb.com. Also, they will show up in your Airbnb inbox. They are forwarded, so to speak, from Airbnb. You won't ever get an inquiry (that is real) from someone's real email address. 

Hope that helps you feel better about your guests. 

Don't jump to cancel. There are penalties associated with that, as you likely know. Ask again whether they have had a chance to upload government ID, and assure them that you will not see it - it is Airbnb who holds the information, and it will make future bookings easier for them as well. 

See how that goes.