went from 4 bookings in one weekend to silence.....any advice?

Justin118
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

went from 4 bookings in one weekend to silence.....any advice?

Hi there! 

We are new hosts and just wondering if this can be normal.  

A few weeks back we clicked on the "instant book" option. Suddenly, we nearly booked up April in one weekend.  🙂 

In the days that followed we booked a few more stays in may and june.  On our listing we had the "Your place is on people's minds....this many people have viewed it"  It was all very exciting.  Flash forward to now.........suddenly it's like our room isnt even being viewed.  The message the "73 people have saved your room" has remained unchanged for 3 weeks.  It's confusing to have so many bookings out the gate and then NOTHING.  Any advice?  

thanks in advance 🙂 

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Hi @Justin118 

your listing is not active. Maybe you snoozed or delisted it? Go to host/manage listings / calendars and more.... and look in the left bottom corner. It should be green dot there and written "listed"

If that is ok then you should contact Airbnb and ask them to see what went wrong. It happend to us ones. You can contact ABB on different ways, all explaned here:  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

Thanks for the response!  Is it possible that its not showing up because my wife is the primary host (and I'm an additional?)  We are showing that the listing is 'listed' and has a green dot.  Makes more sense that we got an initial boost.

Also, we got booked very fast for all of March and nearly all of April - would it make sense we wouldn't see views as maybe folks aren't searching as far out as May / June?

thanks for the help!!!

Here's a link to our listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16631532?checkin=2017-07-10&checkout=2017-07-14&adults=1&children=0&inf...

@Justin118  Yep, that would be why we couldn't see it. 🙂

Yeah, I'm thinking you benefitted from the initial boost in the search results and now you are booked up.  The majority of my guests reserve my room no more than 1 month early - most 2-3 weeks before.

Makes sense 🙂 Thanks!

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Justin118  Agreed with @Branka-and-Silvia0 - I dont see that you have a listing at all under your account. 

Also, something to think about - Airbnb gives new listings as inital "boost" in the search results to help them get a few reservations under their belt and *hopefully* good reviews.  After that initial time, your listing goes back to the pile with the rest of us "established" hosts and you'll see your reservations start to taper off.  Especially in a city as large as LA, you've got a lot of competition.

Let us know what you find out!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Justin118

the same thing happened to us - listing was active with green dot but it was not showing up in any search and not visible under our profile.

I called Airbnb and they made it visible next day. It was some kind of glitch or something on their side.

Don't lose your time, contact Airbnb