what special requirements are needed to host children of all ages

Answered!
Ash42
Level 2
Sariac-Magnoac, France

what special requirements are needed to host children of all ages

Hello every one,

This my first posting to ask a question Currebtly we say our property is suitable for chilren over 5 years of age. 

what special requirements are needed to host children of all ages?

Please help

Regards Ash

1 Best Answer

@Ash42 I don't know if there are any specific requirements (like you must have certain things).

I think it is more about whether your property is safe for little babies or toddlers to walk or crawl around. So I think if your property is relatively child-proof, then it is suitable for children of all ages.

Although it is optional, we have a Pack-n-Play folding crib, and some age-appropriate toys we place in the listing when needed.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Ash42 I don't know if there are any specific requirements (like you must have certain things).

I think it is more about whether your property is safe for little babies or toddlers to walk or crawl around. So I think if your property is relatively child-proof, then it is suitable for children of all ages.

Although it is optional, we have a Pack-n-Play folding crib, and some age-appropriate toys we place in the listing when needed.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Ash42 I agree with @Matthew285 , I don't think there are any special requirements, but it is more about whether you believe the property is suitable for yound children. 

I began stating that my property was not suitable because of stairs, decks and a wood stove. I had several guests with infants or toddlers request and I have since changed the setting, but I reiterate to those guests with childrenw who are requesting to stay that these dangers exist and that they should take extra care. 

Can you share your rules for children ? Do you have a maximum ? Is there an extra charge ? 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ash42  I host lots of children. As @Matthew285 said a Pack n Play, highchair, booster chair and some toys/books are the bare minimum for hosting I think. To get into AirBnB's Family Collection you must have:

EssentialsTowels, bed sheets, soap, toilet paper, and pillows

Kitchen Space where guests can cook their own meals

TV

WifiContinuous access in the listing

Smoke detector This is required as of Jul 1, 2018
Ash42
Level 2
Sariac-Magnoac, France

Hello everyone,

I really appreciate your kind help with you practical suggestions. I host in a very peaceful and quite region of France. South West France the forgotten pearl as we call it. There is not as much volume or demand or B&B here, so every booking counts. I wanted to ve sure so I was not missing out due to some technicality.

Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Ash

Laura4663
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Glad i found this...i am looking to host this summer and unsure to click for kids or not..

My kids have always used the place, although teens now.

If i click for infants, do i have to provide cots and chairs etc? child locks and corner protectors? What was safe for mine, might not be considered safe for everyone..so im unsure. I also wouldnt want to say no to a infant cause its a great place to take them!