what time does a new day start when you have 24 hour check-in?

Brian21
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

what time does a new day start when you have 24 hour check-in?

Hey folks, hope I'm not bothering or this question hasn't been asked before, but I just had a request for the 30th to the 31st of next month, with a message explaining that they would be arriving at 12:30am 'on the 30th' and since I had 24 hour check-in selected, they would only be booking starting the 30th.  I explained to the requester that this included the night of the 29th, of course, but it got me thinking, is there any specific time to which I can point as the time the next day starts?  Or is it just at my discretion, within reason?  Or do I need to set specific check-in times to avoid this?  I have no problem wtih a guest arriving in the middle of the night like this, but it seems obvious 12:30am includes the night of the previous day... I can't find a specific airbnb policy about this that I could point to for a requester like this, is there one? 

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3
Barthelemy0
Level 10
Marne-la-Vallée, France

24h check-in for Airbnb only means "Lockbox, keyless entry, buzzer, or someone available at any time" (go to Edit your listing/Amenities then roll your mouse over 24hour Check-In and it will display that information).

Your check-in/check-out time still apply (for instance noon and 3PM) to set the time when a day starts and ends.

Rachel22
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Brian

I would recommend setting an arrival and departure time, our arrival time is after 3pm and departure is by 10am, this allows us enough time to clean and prepare the property between guests which is really important.

We use a keysafe to allow guests to arrive at their convenience any time after 3pm, this makes it easy for guests to understand that whilst they can arrive at any time of the day or night, the start date and time is quite clear ie if they are arriving on the 30th due to travel arrangements they are actually arriving after 3pm on the 29th!

Hope this helps.

Rachel

Amar0
Level 2
Singapore

Hi ,

The Best way is to set up standred  check inn and check out timings as per your locations and general preferances in the surroundings. then you can do it case by case by that it gives you extra advantage of host being super flexbile in check inn and check out timings by doing so you will get some addtional bookings . This is been experaince by me .

So hope it will work out for your too!!!

Keep spirits high!!!

Cheers.

Amar 🙂