what to do if the guest is intoxicated or simply looks like low life?

Answered!
David122
Level 4
Santa Fe, NM

what to do if the guest is intoxicated or simply looks like low life?

I had a guest not only lie about the number of guests and try to black mail me to get the cleaning fee back.

It is spring break and I admit that I charge a lot for cleaning and everything.  I have had very few bookings for over a year.

Christmas was a bust.  The guest there booked for one and brought 5 more guests.

It seems that having guests these days is always a battle  and having looked at my past reviews I am seeing 80% 5 star reviews.

Anyone else feeling that guests rule the nest here on Air b n b.  I like the word fair play.

i am not getting the type of warm and fuzzy guests I once had.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@David122 

You need to be carefull these days about accepting guests. Look at the reviews, check if ID is verified  and ask questions. If in doubt better decline, although it is tempting to honour a booking request to earn some money.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@David122 

You need to be carefull these days about accepting guests. Look at the reviews, check if ID is verified  and ask questions. If in doubt better decline, although it is tempting to honour a booking request to earn some money.

I had that happen... they had great reviews,   the picture looked sort of sketchy.  I have had guests post bad pictures of themselves in past years and 9 time out of 10 they turned out to be stellar individuals.  This last case was the opposite.  it seems more difficult these days.  It was one out of 10  guests were a problem a few years ago.  These days it is 1 out of 3.

I have now made it so guests can not book  if   they do not follow my house rules and agree to them.   Ever since covid.... it seems much harder to actually enjoy  my guests and feel totally comfortable with them in my home.

I always check the reviews...