where is background info on guests?

Richard9
Level 2
Chgo, IL

where is background info on guests?

I have had 2 guests.  One for 3 days and another for 34 days.  I do not know who they are or anything about them.  I think I should be able to access information about who I am renting to.  If someone ran off with my TV, I would not know how to pursue them.  Not that I have had any bad experiences, but what if?  And along these same lines, how do you contact any live person at AirBnB?  I have had questions but cannot seem to find any contact accessibility to them.

8 Replies 8
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Reviews and references serve as background for guest and your vetting questions such as full name, city, state residence, work place and length of employment. If you want to go beyond that you can do Google search, Linked in search or face-book search. Background checks are part of what you do or take on to feel secure with your decision.
Carsten5
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

I have the same issue right now. Not that I don't thrust my guest, but I don't know anything about. There is nothing on their profile, and I can't find anything on them. Can this be right?

People can find my references and stuff when they book at my place, but I can't nothing on them...

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Linda0 is correct. It's not AirBnB's responsibility to provide checks other than the usual ID verification plus reviews from other hosts. 

If we hosts want to check further - over and above questions we may have asked while responding to a potential guest's enquiry or request - we need to go online and do some sleuthing of our own.

One way to filter guests is to avoid the Instant Book function. That way you can ask enquirers all kinds of questions, including the purpose of the visit, and so on.

Re contacting AirBnB: this thread might help.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I did not ask about "background checks", I asked "Where do I read a guest Profile".  And I cannot believe how long it took to get a response.

Richard

@Richard9  Oops! My misunderstanding.

I didn't notice that your question was from December. 🙂 (Apparently it was bumped to the top of the list here when Carsten responded to it.)

You also hadn't written 'where do I read a guest profile'. Hence, I assumed you were asking about finding further information, since a guest profile and reviews - if any - are visible when a guest enquires or sends a request.  

I trust that in the meantime you've been able to resolve your issue. 

@Richard @Donna - when I read "background info" I thought it meant background info, but I guess I just wasn't thinking you meant "profile".

Where can I view my guest's "Profile"?

Richard

When you tap on their photo their profile is displayed. If they have not created their orofile, in other words, if they have not described what they do, shared their interests, say what it is they like or dislike, you will not find it.