why can guests leave a negitive review if they have not stayed

Dee8
Level 3
Belfast, United Kingdom

why can guests leave a negitive review if they have not stayed

ive had 2 cancelations this week, once airbnb cancelled and another i cancelled as i was uncomfortable with guest attitude on phone

anyway, the 2 guests have left me bad damaging reviews even though they did noit stay

this is absurd !!!

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dee8 

yes, they can leave a review if they canceled on the day of check-in, but you can contact Airbnb and if they didn't stay their reviews will be removed. Airbnb rep will probably tell you that rating (stars) can't be removed but it can, so you should insist on it.

i allreay spoke to a rep from airbnb and she told me they cannot be removed,

i said why on earth if airbnb cancel on my behalf on 1 guest and the 1 other guest i was uncomfortable with them then why should these people be allowed leave review ?

only damaging to me and airbnb, she insisted review cannot be removed,

now i may stop hosting , these 2 guests have left very bad reviews and i may go onto booking ,com or agoda .com instead

i am losing faith with airbnb

Elizabeth76
Level 4
Lakeside Marblehead, OH

I feel you! My guest did the same thing after he asked 2 days prior to arrival for an extra day on a Reservation that he had made a year in advance! It was 4th of July weekend the busiest weekend for a summer vacation in the US.  Due to the fact that there were no cleaning people available, they were all booked, and the initial cleaner failed to show up, we had to pay an xtra surcharge (fee) for the last minute cleaner. She had to drive almost 100 miles. Then, he arrived 30 minutes early and expected to check-in. We were just finishing up, the floors were still wet. He was so prejudiced, when he saw my Peurto Rican fiance and my African American cleaning lady, he never came back and cancelled the entire week. He asked for a refund so hours later, by e-mail and since I have a STRICT policy, and he never checked in, I refused. A few days later he wrote a BITTER UNTRUTHFUL DECEITFUL REVIEW! I am really reaching my limit with AIRBNB! They tell we HOSTS to NON-Discriminative, and ALL accepting!what about the Freakin' GUESTS!!!????  

testt

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dee8 

re. 'racist' comment. 

You can try to escalate the issue to Management 

Moreover, to support your comment that your wife is Asian, you can photograph the two of you together for your profile photo.

The other Review I don't think you can do anything about.