why is my review not showing up?

Answered!
Zohreh2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

why is my review not showing up?

Hi! we just had a terrible airbnb experice & I wrote a review for the host. my review is not showing up on his page & ALL of his many reviews are positive- WITHOUT an EXCEPTION. how is that possible?! can he block the bad reviews?

there is no contact infor for aibnb to open a case...

Help please! I really think people should know about what they are signing up for with this guy...

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View Best Answer in original post

106 Replies 106
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@AnneMarie103  I was able to read your review which was short and positive.  Perhaps you shared the concern about safety in the private remarks to the host.  Those remarks are not posted for the public.  Make sense?

Same things happened to my last stay. Not sure why the review isn’t showing on the host listing 

@Zulfa6  If the 14 day review period is past, it's probably there- reviews are not necessarily posted in chronological order, you may have to scroll through to fiind yours.

I have scrolled through. Mine isn’t in the list. Reviews are to help future guest especially when it contains safety concerns

Jeanne208
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

i agree that the post should be up on recent property i stayed in Asheville NC.  It was no where near the description of the property and the host had a very strict cancellation policy.

Jim419
Level 1
Comox, Canada

I also posted a non-stellar review and lo and behold it isn't showing (have had review from host and past 14 days).  The review wasn't even bad.  What's the deal with this AirBNB? Your reviews seem untrustworthy.

EDIT

Actually I found my review using the search tool but here's the thing, it doesn't show on the ALL REVIEWS page.  There are old reviews there infront of mine (whereever mine is, lost on page 20?)

Humm interesting...

I had the same situation. We travel regularly and use AirBnb. This was by far the worst place we ever stayed. No checkin instructions, the owner said when we arrived "Oh, I forgot you were coming", the place was covered in dust (he started wiping down the leather sofa as we were entering), there were dead bugs under all the windows across 2 walls and a couple holes in one of the walls. This place was a dump, plain and simple. I have many pictures. My review was never posted and this place is rated around 4.7. I then noted that ALL properties are rated well over 4. They also show huge gaps in rentals, for instance only 1-3 rentals in an entire year. Do only a small percentage of people leave reviews? I did just search again and the unit is not listed anymore. Maybe they are simply removing places with negative reviews from their platform? 

I stand corrected! I found the apartment and my review did show up, it just took some time. I could not find a way to delete this post or I would have.

@Jim419 reviews these days are often randomly shuffled . This changes periodically , but it is not acceptable to put private identifying information in a review ,things like specific locations  or surnames , or to personally attack a host , as that is not considered of value to other guests and is he said /she said.the review should cover the place , if it was not as described or , not clean , or lacked amenities or things were broken . H

Hitesh4
Level 1
Stillwater, OK

I stayed at a property in Austin this week, and it baffles me that this property and host has 5 star ratings. It absolutely discredits AirBnB as a company and it's system. 

First of all, the place was no where nearly similar to, as it was described on AirBnB. The pictures definitely decieved me. Second, I was annoyed that the host kept me reminding of his superhost status and the 5 star reviews he has. He even messaged me that it does not matter to him if my experience was bad, because it's just one out of 239. What does that mean? Does he agree, I had a bad experience with the money that I paid for it?

I am waiting for 14 days to be over, so that my review shows up, and I hope that it is the first review in his listing.

@Hitesh4, it's unfortunate you encountered a poor host - there are a few out there, just as there are a few poor guests. 

Care to share what your review of his property stated? Was the only issue other than his arrogance, the fact that you thought the photos were not accurate or were there other issues? I ask because, playing devil's advocate here, if he truly has that many reviews with an average 5-star rating, could it be that the issue isn't necessarily him, but rather your own biases? 

You have an interesting comment. I have been using Airbnb for a number of years and have had great places and hosts.  Recently I encountered a place that I rated very differently than other people.  I think sometimes people of different ages and experiences see places in a different light.  Being older and having experienced some neat places makes me have different expectations and rating than for example my daughters who are in their mid 20’s. 

no.  I posted a negative review and it is not showing up as well. Playng the "devil's advocate" could it be they have 5 star reviews because anything less is deleted and not displayed. ?  You must be one of the trailer trash hosts on here.

Did your review post after 14 days? I recently left a review and it has not posted. The host has not replied to my messages.