why is my review not showing up?

in
Los Angeles, CA
Level 1

Hi! we just had a terrible airbnb experice & I wrote a review for the host. my review is not showing up on his page & ALL of his many reviews are positive- WITHOUT an EXCEPTION. how is that possible?! can he block the bad reviews?

there is no contact infor for aibnb to open a case...

Help please! I really think people should know about what they are signing up for with this guy...

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: why is my review not showing up?

in
La Quinta, CA
Level 10

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View solution in original post

50 Replies

in
La Quinta, CA
Level 10

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View solution in original post

in
Los Angeles, CA
Level 1

fantastic! thank you so much for the response 😉

in
Duluth, GA
Level 2

The same thing happened to us. I wrote a review. And it’s been a month and a half and it’s still not visible. But there are positive reviews for people that stayed in the same unit after us. Our experience was so bad, it was written to help future airbnb guests.

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Janet1115 Did you scroll down through all  the reviews? They aren't in chronological order. Airbnb has some, in part, unknown algorithm for how they order reviews.

If  something in your review violated the review policy, it can be removed, but simply being negative isn't grounds for a review being removed. 

in
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level 10

Sounds serious. What happened @Zohreh2?

But @Linda108 is right. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

in
Sydney, Australia
Level 1

I recently wrote a review for a property I stayed in that had safety concerns.  I phoned airbandb on another matter (key didn't work to get in) however once the key situation was resolved we decided to say.  In any event, the review contained my safety concerns however whilst it is showing in my account as a Review Done By You.  It is not showing on the property page and is not complete in my profile section.  Only half of my written review is showing with safety concerns not listed.  When I checked the property page, their last review is dated December 2017 and I stayed their recently.  I am not wanting to bag out the property severley just wanted to warn other guests it was not as presented. I think if the review is not showing it discredits the entire airbandb system and leaves me thinking can I trust other reviews on next stay?  i think not?

in
Richmond, CA
Level 2

Yes same issue here..kinda of fishy uf you ask me!!

in
La Quinta, CA
Level 10

@AnneMarie103  I was able to read your review which was short and positive.  Perhaps you shared the concern about safety in the private remarks to the host.  Those remarks are not posted for the public.  Make sense?

in
Charlotte, NC
Level 1

i agree that the post should be up on recent property i stayed in Asheville NC.  It was no where near the description of the property and the host had a very strict cancellation policy.

in
Comox, Canada
Level 1

I also posted a non-stellar review and lo and behold it isn't showing (have had review from host and past 14 days).  The review wasn't even bad.  What's the deal with this AirBNB? Your reviews seem untrustworthy.

EDIT

Actually I found my review using the search tool but here's the thing, it doesn't show on the ALL REVIEWS page.  There are old reviews there infront of mine (whereever mine is, lost on page 20?)

in
Richmond, CA
Level 2

Humm interesting...

in
Park City, UT
Level 2

I had the same situation. We travel regularly and use AirBnb. This was by far the worst place we ever stayed. No checkin instructions, the owner said when we arrived "Oh, I forgot you were coming", the place was covered in dust (he started wiping down the leather sofa as we were entering), there were dead bugs under all the windows across 2 walls and a couple holes in one of the walls. This place was a dump, plain and simple. I have many pictures. My review was never posted and this place is rated around 4.7. I then noted that ALL properties are rated well over 4. They also show huge gaps in rentals, for instance only 1-3 rentals in an entire year. Do only a small percentage of people leave reviews? I did just search again and the unit is not listed anymore. Maybe they are simply removing places with negative reviews from their platform? 

in
Park City, UT
Level 2

I stand corrected! I found the apartment and my review did show up, it just took some time. I could not find a way to delete this post or I would have.

in
Stillwater, OK
Level 1

I stayed at a property in Austin this week, and it baffles me that this property and host has 5 star ratings. It absolutely discredits AirBnB as a company and it's system. 

First of all, the place was no where nearly similar to, as it was described on AirBnB. The pictures definitely decieved me. Second, I was annoyed that the host kept me reminding of his superhost status and the 5 star reviews he has. He even messaged me that it does not matter to him if my experience was bad, because it's just one out of 239. What does that mean? Does he agree, I had a bad experience with the money that I paid for it?

I am waiting for 14 days to be over, so that my review shows up, and I hope that it is the first review in his listing.