why is my review not showing up?

Answered!
Zohreh2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

why is my review not showing up?

Hi! we just had a terrible airbnb experice & I wrote a review for the host. my review is not showing up on his page & ALL of his many reviews are positive- WITHOUT an EXCEPTION. how is that possible?! can he block the bad reviews?

there is no contact infor for aibnb to open a case...

Help please! I really think people should know about what they are signing up for with this guy...

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View Best Answer in original post

106 Replies 106
Joe647
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Correction ! @Zohreh  - Did you mean Airbnb Experience or just that you had a terrible experience ?  Because Airbnb experiences do not require the host to wait 14 days or to reply to the review of the guest.  The review is publicly available upon posting it !  The review system is different for hosting a place to stay.   

My issue is that I received a 5 star review and I usually see them instantly on my stats or listing and this time around I didn't.  I will probably need to call airbnb, it's unusual because I never had this happen and this is my 26th review.

Joe

Tina614
Level 1
Kihei, HI

Interesting.  I am also concerned because I had a very bad experience with check in and host refusing to give me the information.  I thought it was a scam.  I even had to get airbnb involved.  We were at arrival city and no place to stay.  I left a bad review but it's not showing up.  I will try to wait and see.  If airbnb does not publish my review (all the hosts other reviews are 5 stars, and not incredibly recent), then It totally discredits the company and therefore their properties and hosts can't be trusted.  

The bad reviews are definintely not showing up. I had to get AIRBNB involved or I was bgoing to reverse the full charge on my card. If you post pictures on a listing they very well need to be actual photos. Not the best of 18 units you have on the property as this host had.  The second I walked in the door I know this is not what we paid for. Broken patio door with no handle to open, Exhast Fan hanging off the wall in the bathroom. plastic table with plastic folding chairs for a dining table that was intened to be for kids on a patio. It was a joke. I did manage to get $150 refunded after threatening to reverse all the payment. I had photoes, and a recorded phone call from the host who agreed to give me a $150 reufnd the day I got there. AirBNB does not want bad publicity. But they need to kick bad hosts off their platform too. If my review does not show up for that unit, I will post reviews everywhere I can. You lie on the internet, you pay the consequence. 

Dani7498
Level 2
Düsseldorf, Germany

Same here in two cases - I wonder if some people do it on purpose and not review me in order to avoid a bad review from me on their page. Recently, I stayed in a very loud property with demolition going on right before my window. No warning or anything. And their last reviews seem to be from before the construction period... 

@Dani7498 A host can't avoid a bad review from you by not leaving a review of you. All reviews are published, whether both parties leave one or not, after 14 days, or sooner if both parties submit one. A review will only be removed if it violates Airbnb's review policy (which isn't that it's a bad review- rather if it is discriminatory, profane, mentions Airbnb involvement in a dispute)

It was pointed out by other posters earlier in this thread that all reviews are published whether both parties submit or not. I don't understand why people post something that makes it evident they didn't read through any of the posts on on a thread where they decide to post exactly the same misinformation that's already been pointed out as false.

We shall see.

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Well said Sarah. 

Ahhh my bad. I understood it wrong and now it won’t allow me to delete my night-deluded mess. Sorry. Ignore me. 

I think this is the case. They don’t want people to post honest reviews.

Dani7498
Level 2
Düsseldorf, Germany

I‘m sorry, I read the comments wrong - it’s too late. I’ll delete it. 

Sandra3732
Level 1
San Carlos, CO

I recently had the same experience: I left two very specific,  less than stellar reviews, and neither review shows up. In both cases,  I felt I was offering important information. The very positive reviews I wrote do show up.

David6623
Level 1
Dexter, MI

"All reviews are published, whether both parties leave one or not, after 14 days, or sooner if both parties submit one. A review will only be removed if it violates Airbnb's review policy (which isn't that it's a bad review- rather if it is discriminatory, profane, mentions Airbnb involvement in a dispute)"

I'm sure this is the official policy, but it is not the experience of myself or others in this discussion.  Of the ten or so reviews I have written the only one that doesn't appear is the bad one.  The host has submitted a review and it was many weeks ago.  There was nothing profane or discriminatory.  AirBnB is not involved in any dispute.  Yet it is the only one that doesn't appear.

I think it would benefit AirBnB to offer an explanation to the guest when it is decided to hide a review.   Apart from undermining our confidence in property descriptions, it is exactly the sort of thing that triggers scandalous press coverage.

@David6623 out of curiosity is the bad review you wrote for a host who has a listing outside of the US?

Bria1730
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

This policy needs to change cause airbnb hosts are being shady and NOT posting the truth!

@Bria1730  Airbnb hosts aren't being shady and not posting the truth. If you actually bothered to spend some time reading through posts on this forum, you would find thousands of posts from hosts totally distraught because a guest left them a review full of lies and Airbnb refuses to remove it, even if the host has 100 reviews stating the exact opposite of what the guest claimed and the allegations can be proven to be false.