you will see

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

you will see

I just wrote on here and when I tried to post it did not happen.I tried asking on the help center but their drop down menu didn't allow for my question.

Not impressed with this part of the site that directed me here. Their site has made it as difficult as possible to ask my own question,very annoying.

So rant over! I want to know why suddenly on a three night stay Air B&B have charged my guest a 41 euro service charge where previously I paid that and it was a quarter of the price. Can anyone on here explain as AIR B&B are hiding behind technology . Shame on you Air B&B.  Do better or I'll take my property off your site.

Y Thomas

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yvonne682 Airbnb charge the guest and the host a service fee. Host is 3%+vat, guest is around 14%+vat.

It has always been this way although some hosts are being moved to paying the whole fee themselves if they list in a particular way.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yvonne682  sometimes, if it takes you too long to write a post then your time is up and your text can't be posted anymore. You have to refresh the window and write or copy/paste your text again.

Also, you have to be signed in to the Community center to be able to post or comment