Is it possible to obtain a wohnungsbestätigung as an airbnb guest?

Joe211
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Is it possible to obtain a wohnungsbestätigung as an airbnb guest?

Hi all,

I am looking for a man who is looking for a job. I will be working on it.

Is it legal to obtain an airbnb? So, is it fair to ask a host to sign the residence confirmation as my landlord for the duration of me stay?

Thanks,

Joe

3 Antworten 3
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi @Joe211, that depends on the length of your stay. The German law says for non-residents: If you intend to stay longer than three months, you have to register within 14 day after your check-in at the city administration (Bürgerbüro). See the English help for the registration form. And your host is obliged to cooperate by giving you a Wohnungsgeberbestätigung.

If you stay will be shorter than three months, you must fill-out a Meldebescheinigung which your host must give to you. This Meldebescheinigung will be filed at your host’s place. But many hosts don’t know about this. Best if you give your host this link.

Joe211
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for the information and understanding - fantastic response!

Also, apologies for the broken english in my post. I typed it in english with a few german words and it looks like google translate automatically tried to translate to all english before submitting. For everyone's reference, my original post should have read:

Hi all,

I am looking to rent an apartment in Berlin for 2 months as I am immigrating from the UK for work. 

Is it legal to obtain a wohnungsbestätigung while staying in an airbnb? If so, is it fair to ask a host to sign the wohnungsbestätigung as my landlord for the duration of my stay?

Thanks,

Joe

Christa0
Level 10
Munich, Germany

@Joe211, this should be fine. I also did for some guests. If the host rents out legally he has no reason not to sign the "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung".

Durchstöbere die Artikel im Info-Center

Mach deine Unterkunft für Gäste bereit
Tipps von Gastgeber:innen auf Airbnb-Plus: So fügst du durchdachte Details hinzu
Unterstütze Gäste während ihres Aufenthalts