Anyone successful challenging rating on location?

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Anyone successful challenging rating on location?

I just tweeted at AirbnbHelp regarding my score for location. They requested I direct message them through Twitter. This is what I said:

"Just had another guest give less than 5 for location. My description is VERY clear re: location. I cannot move my home. I have 4.4 for location. This affects my overall score as host. It is wrong to penalize hosts who make it clear where they are located in relation to cities, destinations, Interstates. My listing is rooms/16751778 ."

My short description, the one most people should be able to see is:

"This 2-story 1920's era home offers the original Airbnb experience with a private room just for you. Off historic Midland Trail (U.S. Route 60), 3 miles to I-64/77, 15 miles to Downtown Charleston, 18 miles to Kanawha State Forrest 35 miles to Hawks Nest State Park, 46 miles to Summit Bechtel Reserve. Walk or run the paved elementary or high school tracks two blocks away. Five food options within one mile. **Check-in/out times are FIRM."

How in the name of ham sandwiches can someone ding me for location with all that upfront information. So, now my question is has anyone successfully challenged ratings on location?

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
17 Replies 17

@Marit-Anne0 some smart person said, "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself."

It is truly frustrating. BUT! Overall, I am enjoying being a host. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Robin129

So true - it is my second home and I am very pleased with the location 🙂

Just so interesting to observe - the ratings does not bother me as most of my guests comment on the excellent location.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Robin

I just got a glowing review from my last guest at the ECK VIII detailing how everything was in close proximity to my front door only to have him give me 3 stars for location which needs some explaining.

I have pointed out previously that if one pauses while selecting you star rating it will allocate the star rating you've stopped at and advance to the next rating automatcially, which if you were not concentrating you would fail to notice.

See what you think and let me know what you think about IIia’s review.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII