Pricing Setting

Answered!
Floral0
Level 2
Batu Feringghi, Malaysia

Pricing Setting

Hi all,

I have a question here. Hope you can help me.

I have price settings at my listing with the following details :

Nightly price USD97

Weekly discount 19%

Monthly discount 58%

I have a reservation recently for 31 nights.

From the Travel Itinerary, I have this details :

$32 x 31 nights$1005

Airbnb Service Fee($30)

Total Payout$975

I think the calculation is a bit out. According to my price settings, 31 night will be

$97 x 31 = $3007

After 58% discount = $1263

Why per night is $32 and total is $1005 ?

Sharon

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Floral0,

The only thing I can think of that is causing this is you may have some custom pricing entered in for certain months which is overriding your percentage discount.  Go to pricing and then under the discounts, look for the link that says, "You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month.".  See if you have any amounts entered in there.  I suspect you have a price of $1075 USD entered in those boxes.

custom.pngDave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Floral0,

The only thing I can think of that is causing this is you may have some custom pricing entered in for certain months which is overriding your percentage discount.  Go to pricing and then under the discounts, look for the link that says, "You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month.".  See if you have any amounts entered in there.  I suspect you have a price of $1075 USD entered in those boxes.

custom.pngDave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dave, you're absolutely right. I have got those removed. Thank you!

That function no longer exists - NO WEEKLY PRICING!! wow

I just started hosting a few days ago an can't figure out two thing 1st I need to add 14% local taxes to the quotes that go out, second I need to know how to setup the money transfered into my up my account, how do I get paid or have the money transfer into a account I have already set up for this perpose. I have know way of talking to a person whether by phone or live blog. In just a couple days I've already turn down one person and looks like I'll have to be turning down another in the next few hrs. Help Help please

VanessaHawtrey0
Level 1
Cape Town, ZA

I find the price settings that where changed to not be very user friendly.

If my price is on full tarrif and I am negotiating to bring the price down for a guest, why can you not put in the % that you are prepared to discount and it automatically changes the price?

This does not make any sense.

You should be able to reply to a guest by changing the % on the price settings and the new price should automatically be updated.

How exactly is it working now?

I also find that if you have a airbnb office who respond to queries, where is that because I can never find a email address that I can email a query.  Air bnb has so many jumps through when you want to ask a question, and all the questions you ask just leads you to another section all the time.

Is their a central email that us, the hosts have a direct email through to a air bnb team of some sort, do you have such a team, if yes then please give me the email address?

I am a systems analysis and I have lots of ideas on how to make the site more user friendly but I can never find how to get it across to a human, rather than trying to find what I am looking for on your site, and never able to actually go through somewhere to your team?

Or is airbnb not wanting to recieve direct questions and answers to a team?

Vanessa

I'm new to this so can you help me.  I set a price of $175 but on the site it shows as $208. I don't have smart pricing set.  I did get one booking at the original rate. Why is it now showing a higher price than what I set?

It added 19%.  Is 19% the rental tax rate in New York?