Roaches! A quick vent ...

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Roaches! A quick vent ...

I haven't been this unsettled since Captian Underpants was here. 

I just had a great couple stay. They visited the daughter and her family in Chicago. To shorten the story, they put their grocery bag with left over pizza and vegetables, and a couple other items on my breakfast table just before heating it up and eating. 

This morning the husband kills a roach ON MY TABLE. We don't have roaches and the idea that one just hitched a ride is just making me nuts. We spray for insects a couple times a year. This isn't just a can of RAID, we get the good stuff and he puts it in a backpack sprayer and goes around the house inside and out. 

In the '80's I lived in Killeen, Texas. My appartment was infested with roaches and I've have a thing about them ever since. 

With the exception of the roach the people were great. But --- roaches!!! {scream} :::pulls hair out:::

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
4 Replies 4
Imogen11
Level 4
Netherlands

@Robin129 charge for an extra guest? 😄 

A tour through a grocery warehouse would raise a lot of eyebrows. Roaches, bedbugs and other critters are such excellent hitchhikers, and amazing survivors. @Robin129 This will eventually happen. So glad you have a lovely attitude and sense of humor. @Imogen11 - yes!

@Kitty-and-Creek0 I didn't get this old without a sense of humor. 🙂 

I've done my share of restaurant kitchen work. Oh, honesty, I don't see how anyone (including me) eats out. It may technically pass health department inspection, but ..... 

I just hope it was a lone escapee. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That must have been frightening @Robin129! I've never seen a cockroach in person, but I have seen them in movies such as the 'Men In Black'—I'd like to keep it that way :-).

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen