What is Airbnb doing to help make Airbnb Legal in Japan?

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

What is Airbnb doing to help make Airbnb Legal in Japan?

I`d like to know what Airbnb is doing to help its hosts in Japan?

The Japanese government is being pressured to not allow "minpaku" -small, short term,

rental units to operate.  The powerful Hotel association of Japan, of course, is not thrilled with cheaper rivals.

Airbnb allows more people to come to Japan, as it is a very expensive place to travel and stay.  Airbnb bridges that gap in affordability.  It also creates a more friendly, intimate face for Japan to the people of other nations.

Airbnb, you have built your multibillion dollar business on the sweat of hosts like myself,

so I ask:

Airbnb, what are you doing to help hosts in Japan, to become legal?

Unfortunately, I have heard from the various associatons here, that Airbnb has done very little to support us in the fight.

I`m disappointed.

5 Replies 5
Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

No replies or comments,.....hmmmm......I can hear the house creaking and the wind blowing,  LOL

Is there anybody out there?

I guess you have answered my question, by your non-answer.

@Kevin-s0, this is a community for hosts sharing experiences and advising other hosts. This forum is not monitored by AirBnB.

You would need to approach AirBnB directly with your questions. 

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Hi Donna,

Any idea how to do that?  I`m not aware of any contact Email.  If you are, please advise.

I needed to get the above post off my chest.  In the hopes that some of the higher ups would see it.

But as you say, my point may be mute.

Kevin

@Kevin-s0, here you go, Kevin. Something in this thread might help. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165

Francisco10
Level 2
Kuki, Japan

I Kevin, I've just started a discussion on the same subjet, Airbnb sent me some links and I wrote my impressions.

As you mentioned, very few people seem to be interested in addressing this, if it is a real problem depending on the scale and conditions of your hosting activity.

Here is the link to my discussion:  - same as yours, no answers yet ; ) 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Japan-Government-s-policies-updates-on-Airbnb-activit...

regards

Paco