January 2017 Host Newsletter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

January 2017 Host Newsletter

Hello everyone,

I hope you all received your Host Newsletter in January via email, however if you managed to miss it or just fancy revisiting it again, click on the link below to view it. This newsletter includes, new tools to help you to succeed, ways to standout in search and product information highlighting the new Price Calculator, which enables you to understand further what your guest will be paying (a question often mentioned here in the CC). 🙂

Read the host newsletter

Let us know your thoughts on this newsletter, are there any things in particular you are pleased to see or have you experienced any of the tools/features mentioned?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

13 Replies 13
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello,

I eagerly read the newsletter's new "See what your guests will pay" section only to find that it said "You do not have access to this" when I clicked on the "Try it now" button.

The feature is trumpeted in the newsletter, isn't available from the newsletter link and doesn't say anything about limited regional availability!

I would like to be confident that I can suggest it to the very many hosts on this forum who frequently ask the "My price is X but my guest paid Y, why" question.

That feature is now of no use to us in replying to that question as there is no way of knowing who has it and who hasn't.

Steve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for this @Steve143, this is really helpful. I will see if I can find out more about this. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steve143,

So I have checked about this, for this section, the links to this page are unique to each host. Therefore, I wanted to check if uou received the original in email form? If so, I would recommend clicking on the link in that email and then this will provide you access to this information on your account. 

Let me know how you get on.

Lizzie

--------------------

Hello @Lizzie,

Thanks for your investigation time and your reply.

I didn't receive it in email form. I just clicked on the "Read the newsletter" link in the post above.

Thanks,

Steve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No worries @Steve143. Sorry for not getting back to you on this.

There are a couple of ways you can see what the guest will pay, but in particular to the price calculator you should be able to can go into your calendar and click on your available dates, then in the box which appears on the right-hand side you can click on 'What do guest pay?'. In the Portuguese speaking Community Center there is a great Community Guide on this, which I thought you might find helpful as it has some good screenshots. 

Let me know how you get on and if you manage to find it. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Hello @Lizzie,

Thanks for the explanation of how to find out what guests will pay.

Helps a lot.

Thanks,

Steve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear this has helped @Steve143. Thanks so much for letting me know. 🙂

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie, I don't know how I never spotted that little link, but it's very useful. I've had a couple of different guests question what they were being charged in total and felt that it was too much. At least now I can check it from my side to see if their total and mine come up the same before having to resort to contacting Airbnb.

Please don't get political. We don't need half of the country feeling disrespected. I don't appreciate your company speaking for me

I agree with you Cathy, 100%!  We don't need political views from your company airBnB.

Diana

Heidi80
Level 1
Casper, WY

To Airbnb...

i agree with Cathey and Diana on your organization staying out of the political scene.  Would be advantageous for you I would think since most Americans that voted Donald Trump into office are behind him 100%. 

Again, there should be an article EVERY MONTH titled: What's New and just list all the website changes you've made - hopefully with a link or screen shots.  Someone in the technology department is already cataloging this, please provide this to us so we can be informed.  It's really awful to learn about a change AFTER THE FACT.  Policy changes are probably the MOST important and we are informed too late.  

IMO, there should have been a large article about the major change to guest reviews.  Show this to us since we cannot see it without being a guest ourselves.   What does it look like? Our guests are going to ask us - not you - and, in particular, there are going to be problems/questions and those of us who post in the forums are going to be asked and we cannot access this. We will be guessing and that NEVER leads to a good experience.  

Jacqui54
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Lizzie, I unsubscribed as I received the newsletter in my email box which will soon be unsubscribed by the isp. I now want to subscribe using my current email address but the drop down box on the top right has the option t osubscribe but it is not in bold so is an inactive link.  Can you help please? Thank you. Jacqui