July 2017 Host Newsletter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

July 2017 Host Newsletter

Hello everyone,

We are already nearly at the end of the month, but I still wanted to share with you the July Host Newsletterso you are all up-to-date! 🙂

Some of the highlights include two active topics we have spoken about here in the Community Center:

• Updates to the booking process - get guests you trust every time. To join the conversation, take a look here
  • Calendar updates - now you can view your listing's availability, for more information and to provide feedback, click here

To read the newsletter in full, view here.

I hope you enjoy the updates and if you have any feedback on the newsletter, please feel free to share it here. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

11 Replies 11

@Lizzie - can you post the instructions that hosts need to follow to make sure they are getting the Newsletter sent to them? Do they need to have a specific set of correspondence emails allowed - there are at least 4 different sections in the notifications settings on the website and one here in the forums that allow a host to limit emails - which ones need to be allowed for email distribution of the newsletter for it to be delivered to their inbox?  Will the newsletter ever be distributed as an Alert on the Dashboard?  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alice-and-Jeff0,

Thanks for checking about this. 

If you go to your Airbnb 'Account Settings', then scroll down to 'Email Settings', you should see a box called 'General and Promotional Emails'. To receive this email, you will need to have this ticked.

I hope this helps. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kathie10
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

I'm excited about the new option to add photos to Check In information.  Unfortunately, the options shown in the Newsletter are not available on the webpage or the app.  I called Airbnb, and they don't have a clue.  Please help!

Kathie10
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

Lizzie - Please confirm that your newsletters are sent by Airbnb.  Someone in customer service just told me that the newsletters aren't official Airbnb communications.  Is this true?

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathie10 hope you are doing well 🙂

Just answering this really quick, because Lizzie is off for a short holiday

If you are referring to the Host Newsletters in this board, yes, these are official Airbnb communications. 

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Thank you Dimitri.  

With respect to the July 2017 Newsletter feature "Check In Made Simple," do you know whether the option to add photos is live on the website or app?  I cannot locate that option.  US Superhost Customer Service is completely ignorant of your Newsletters and could offer no assistance.

Best,

Kathie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kathie10,

Great to meet you, sorry I haven't come back to you sooner on this, as Dimi mentioned I was away for a few days. 🙂

To answer you question here, you should be able to upload photos to your messages via your Airbnb App. To do this, if you go into your inbox, you should see a little document icon just above your keypad. If you click this, three other options should appear on your little tool bar:

Photos on app

The icon I have highlighted above is if you already have the image saved on your phone for example, if you wish to take one at that moment you can click the little camera icon instead. 🙂

Thanks also for your feedback, I will let the Newsletter team know about this. Are you presently receiving the Host newsletters by email?

I hope this helps. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Ornella37
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

Hi Lizzie...

I'm just new on AIRBnB and can't find how I can send a link to my friends directly to my listing ?? Is this possible OR is advertising just generally directed to AIRBnB ?

I hope this ia not an inappropiate question for this discussion, but I thought someone can help me here... Can't find it in HELP !!

Thanks

Ornella  (Peaceful and Private Paradise / Carrara Queensland / Australia)

What kind of equipment are you using to work with your add @Ornella37? Phone or pc?

Mariann 🙂

Murex0
Level 2
Manado, Indonesia

Hi Lizzie, 

Can you help? I am looking for an opportunity to have published in one of AirBnB discount newsletter. I know this not related with 'Host Newsletter'; should I hit the contact AirBnB team button then or is it okay to discuss with you here?

Thanks a lot Lizzie,

Regards,

Debora 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Murex0,

Thanks for your message, it is great to hear you would like to get more involved.

I am afraid though, I am not exactly sure of the discount newsletter you are referring to. Would you mind sharing some more information please or even a screenshot?

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------