June 2019 Host Newsletter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

June 2019 Host Newsletter

June Header Image.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a great June. The sun is out here in London as we start to wide down to the end of the month. 🙂

I'm pleased to share with you the latest edition of Host News:

June 2019 Host News (click to view)

Highlights include:

• How one couple semi-retired on Airbnb income

Superhosts Mary and Buster managed to stay in their dream home, despite leaving their full-time jobs. And they say hosting—and a lot of heart—made it possible. View here.

• You asked about Airbnb service fees

At a recent Host Q&A event, a host asked a great question: What happens to the money Airbnb collects from hosts and guests as service fees? View here

• New photo requirements for accessibility features

Thanks to the amazing hosts who’ve selected accessibility features, many guests with disabilities have found places to stay. Now, we need your help to make Airbnb an even more welcoming place: by uploading photos of these features. View here

• Big ideas for breakfast

Here’s how to distinguish your listing from traditional B&Bs and stand out in search. Plus, hosts share what’s on the morning menu, tips on adding breakfast details, and advice on setting guest expectations. View here

• What hosts are talking about

Every day in the Community Center, hosts share hospitality tips, answer each other’s questions, and swap stories. Here are some recent conversations you might want to join: What things do you look for as a guest? How do you create a great working partnership?

I hope you enjoy the last few days of the month and have a fantastic July.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

6 Replies 6
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks @Lizzie 

Catherine1754
Level 1
Maynooth, Ireland

HI, I would like an opportunity to write an article or add to something, especially around what hosting has taught me, I have learnt a lot about myself in terms of boundaries !! Pls contact me if interested in the content, thanks Catherine 

Jana27
Level 3
Anchorage, AK

Can Airbnb please address the Performance/ Earnings Link errors. I have not been able to load the yearly page with bar graph for over a month. Thank you!

Sooooww

cool

Raise awareness of isolation and self-isolation when returning from epidemic areas to limit the spread of covid-19 to the community. bmi calculator