November 2017 Host Newsletter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

November 2017 Host Newsletter

Hello everyone,

I hope you have had a great November, I am sorry for not posting this a little sooner. I am pleased to share with you the November Host Newsletter.

Highlights from this month's edition include:

• How does Smart Pricing work? This is my personal highlight for this month, as the questions were gathered from here in the Community Center. If you would like to join the conversation, take a look here
  • New minimium nights control–you can now set your minimum nights requirements on the day of the week guests check in
  • Check-in your way–keep days open, but prevent guests from checking-in on certain days of the week

I hope you find this an interesting read, especially as I know some of these product feature options have been talked about here in the CC before.

Please do share any feedback you have on the Newsletters here, it is always so useful to hear.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

3 Replies 3
Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Hi Lizzie

thanks for explaining how Smart Pricing Works.

Next month can you explain....”How do penalty-free cancellations work for Instant Book hosts?”  

The policy seems very clear - you receive an instant booking that you are incomfortable with you can cancel penalty free an unlimited amount of times. In practice the reality is quite different. Perhaps you can shed some light on this or show the policy to CX

Tania156
Level 1
Ararat, Australia

Good Morning

I am very new to this and wondering is there anyway we can adjust pricing over certain periods such as Easter and so on. Can we reflect this on our pricing details

Adrian70
Level 1
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

Smart pricing doesn't work, we've been on it for months with only 2 bookings.  Of course as AirBNB would like you to drop your minimum price to bankrupsy level and perhaps you'll get another booking or two but this is not the way businesses work and prosper.  We even had their professional photographer do a whole new batch of photo's but nothing came from them.  While we are normally fully or nearly fully from other OTA's and walkins at higher prices we get little or nothing from AirBNB.  It seems their marketing is weak in South East Asia or am I wrong.  We want to work with AirBNB but nothing works with them, we offer the discounts they suggest but maybe they are talking to deaf customers.  Any suggestions ? Adrian Evetts, Villa Yukie Senggigi. Lombok, Indonesia