2 party bookings for 2 rooms rather than 1

2 party bookings for 2 rooms rather than 1

I have 2 bedrooms and accommodate up to 4 guests.  Often 2 person parties want separate rooms.  There should be an easy way to designate in the profile that use of a second bedroom will incur the same up-charge as if 3 people book.  Otherwise, it's an awkward exchange to explain this to guests.

4 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Ej0

I think there is one of three things you can do,

1.       Put a note to say that the price is for one or two people sharing A room

2.       Change your pricing to a price per person

3.       Suck it up as it only happens occasionally

I had a booking for four Guest who were colleagues, who would not share, so I had two double beds with one person in them and I had to make up the two sofa beds as well I suck it up as my price is for four people.

Do you rent out the second room to other Guests concurrently? Then it’s back to the drawing board for me.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII

Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10

You need to make more than one listing and set the price to be reflective of the bedroom/person situation.  

listing #1 - 4 people/2 beds 

listing #2 - 2 people/2 beds

listing #3 - 2 people/1 bed   

That way if someone arrives and uses both beds even though they booked for only 1 bed, you can charge them the 2 people/2 bed price.  Just remember, to coordinate the calendars. 

Also, you can, as Cormac said, simply state it in your house rules then you can charge for the extra bed.  

Or make the price enough to cover the cost of both rooms whether they use one bedroom or two.  Bonus for you if  they only use one and charge and extra person fee to cover the cost of additional linen and breakfast.  

Christine1
Level 10

@Ej5, Cormac kind of covered most of you current options.

my comment would be that it's not clear which bedroom is the one you have the "real" matteress in, and which one is the first option for guests. You show them both, perhaps you can label the pictures accordingly. Your pictures can carry labels and you can designate the second bedroom for a third person if you wish. 

If you only want single groups of between 1-4 then it is best to continue as you are, following Cormac suggestions. 

Put a very clear explanation on your site. You might like to let people know if they are singles, then the second room is available [at a $specified extra charge] and when they send in an enquiry they can request you to send them a special offer for the two rooms.

This flexibility is not likely to be compatible with the "Instant booking" feature. If it comes via instant book, then you might be back to @Cormac0 solution- just suck it and be glad.

However you can set something up in "saved messages"; or as a pre-booking message which will appear when guests select Instant Book. Your Instant Book pre-booking message will come through before a guest booking is confirmed. 

Let us know how you decide to manage this and how it works out for you. 

Best Regards, Christine.

Daisy34
Level 2

This is helpful thank you. I've got the same problem with my sofabed option after the main double bedroom on offer and actually it does happen quite frequently, however most guests have checked with me first. I've just however had a last minute booking and I had to ask to find out the 2 were not planning on sharing the double room. 

So I'll use the pre-message solution you suggest to find out if the (e.g.) 2 guests plan to use one room or will split up using the sofabed. This way, once they explain I can respond and maybe offer a special deal depending on the length they stay and how much I need the money at that time!  Thanks for this. I didn't want to set up yet another listing as I already have 2.