50/50 Payments

Great-Smokys0
Level 2
Bryson City, NC

50/50 Payments

It would be nice to have some sort of notification when the guest had made there final payment. When you ahve to request fees from them for the pets or something. You can't untill they are paid in fill. I have 5 things as of today on my calender to alert me at a week before they guests arrive to cahrge them for mostly pet fees. We do not do an alteration change since it increases the fees that Airbnb adds to it. The $67 pet fee turns into $80 pet fee. How do other hosts deal with this. 

1 Reply 1

We would like to have Airbnb collect pet fees at the time of booking (once the number of pets is determined). For example, the reservation could itemize 2 Adults, 2 Children, 2 dogs for 3 nights. If we charge $20/night/dog they would collect $120 for the pets (which is not taxable btw!). 

Currently, we have to request our pet fees through the Resolution Center (as mentioned, above), which worked out fine until AirBnb allowed partial payments for reservations (as of Dec 2017)!!

Now we have to come up with a system to request the pet fee 2 weeks before the guest arrives. This is tedious and problematic for a host with a busy rental!  I like the suggestion to let us know when the guest has paid so we can request our Pet fee from the Resolution Center.