Ability to offer a la carte services as an add-on at time of booking

Ability to offer a la carte services as an add-on at time of booking

Myself and many other hosts offer extra things that some prospective guests might need and/or might take advantage of.  These things include ground transportation to/from the airport, adding a full breakfast to booking, ordering groceries so they are onsite when they arrive, etc.

Right now there's no way to offer these and pay for them via airbnb.  It would be an easy way to give guests a better experience, and a chance for hosts to make a little bit more money.

7 Comments
Andrea1063
Level 10

Yes, I believe that I have discussed this very thing with Airbnb during calls.  I would make life so much easier for everyone including the traveller knowing that the host can help them organize their trip and reduce anxiety, worry and effort.  

Cecilia231
Level 1

Yes I agree. I would also like other options to put that they could choose. So if they want to bring their dog that is an extra 5 dollar fee but that does not apply to everyone. If they want us to cook them breakfast that is another 10 dollar fee. So the guest would check these boxes and it would be built into the price. 

Meghan-Starr0
Level 1

It would be great to be able to add other items on. I currently just offer muffins in the morning included in my price but to be able to let them order a full breakfast or transportation that would be great. 

Julie754
Level 2

I agree with this.  Things such as bike rental, transport from airport or around town, home cooked meal (breakfast or dinners).  If you set it up to allow for fill-ins for additional charges, that would be helpful.  

An addition to this is to allow for cleaning fees to be charged per week for long term guests.  Currently, the system only allows for 1 cleaning fee, but if a guest stays for 6 weeks, this is inadequate.

Julie10
Level 6

And no take backs/cancellations.  If you order a breakfast, a guest can't wake up and decide they "aren't hungry" and "I decided I don't want breakfast, refund me the $".  A host went to the trouble of finalizing a menu w/ guest, bought the items, and prepared them.  You don't get a refund because you changed your mind.

Cindy21
Level 2

I agree.

So...

Guest purchases...

_x__ Anniversary package for $x

_x__ Flower delivery

_x__ Local collection & drop off

_x__ Wine

_x__ Bottled Water

_x__ Welcome clean home starter kit

_x__ SIM Card

_x__ Whatever else the host wants to offer

It should be noted, that while airbnb may desire to PARTNER with providers on some of these, that if they do, the HOST should be able to CHARGE a provision fee on top, of their choice

Example:

__x__ Flower Delivery.  Guest choosed bouquet. Host sets fee for enabling service. Host gets fee +

airbnb gets nominal fee. 

It should be noted that if AIRBNB gets G-R-E-E-D-Y and prevents host from offering a service that it wants to provide, that host will be angry and find a way to offer it anyway or circumvent the system. don't make hosts angry airbnb...

Tina237
Level 3
I like this idea.