Accept, Decline, and Not Possible needed

Accept, Decline, and Not Possible needed

The direct Accept/Decline choice is clearly insufficient.  We are penalized for declining all those people who want add extra bodies,  unsuitably aged children, pets and unavailable dates. This just too common an occurance these days not to need a change to the existing parameters.

A third button, Not Possible should work...rejecting the reservation, not the person.  

6 Comments

Totally agree. I clearly state that my listing has a single bed and is single occupancy. I still get tons of inquiries about having friends/family over with them during their stay. Why should I be penalized for declining to host a guest that doesn't read my listing description properly? 

Carolyn77
Level 2

I also agree. I have been penalised for refusing a booking at a guests request not realising it was going to penalise me. There are often very valid reasons for cancellation, just as guests will have. Maybe if there were options to check as to why the cancellation and then penalties applied appropriately. I am relatively new to AirBnB and just want everything simple!

Belinda55
Level 10

@Amy38 @Carolyn77 @Jessica-and-Henry0

Ryan has posted a very similar request a few days ago, be sure to upvote this one as well:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Don-t-penalize-hosts-for-declining-illegitimate-reser...

Marie82
Level 10

Amy you are completely right on this one

wonder what is the point to have no children on ur listing when the enquirty tell u i have 1 child + 1 todler 

Louise154
Level 2

I agree Amy.

I have had issues as a guest and as a host.  As a guest it was just an inquiry such as can I walk from your place to destination X (which wasn't possible) to getting constant reminders to book and the host whom obviously didn't want to decline me let it go.  As a host, an enquiry that doesn't meet your requirements.  What do you do??  Another option would be great.

Martin333
Level 4

Agree

I have not used decline for a long while and I do remember it states some reasons but

Impossible request - Request outside stated posibilities/availability of property (pls mark requestor as time waster) would help