Add Hotel Occupancy Tax line to Total Price

Lisa779
Level 2
Loganville, GA

Add Hotel Occupancy Tax line to Total Price

I post on several vacation rental websites, and they all have a line item for local hotel/motel/accomodation taxes except Airbnb.  I know you collect if you have an agreement with that municipality, but the rest of us where there is no agreement, who wish to be compliant need to be able to fill this in and collect on our own.

Currently we have few options, 1) Raise our prices and include it in the nightly rate so we don't anger our guests after booking (FYI....which is illegal since Airbnb takes a cut of those taxes and inflates our nightly rates, making them look higher than the competition) 2) Use the resolution center after the guest books which makes the guest suspicious of the host. Not every guest reads in the description that taxes aren't included. 3) The host eats the taxes.  There are many who do this, and this is absurd!  

There is no reason that here in 2018 you cannot have a line item for local taxes for your hosts to fill in.  After visiting your comment boards, there are quit a few hosts mad enough to start a class action lawsuit over this.  Perhaps your legal team needs to review? Now is probably the time to add that line item.

5 Replies 5
Char-and-Sean0
Level 1
Dana Point, CA

I was going to say the exact thing! We absolutely need a line item for the required taxes.

Please make this a priority 

Gaz--Gary-0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Absolutely.  Also, my ski chalet differs the over night taxes between ages.  So adults are 3.20 and kids 1.60 so we need a variable rate based on age.  I think my resort classes kids as 6-12, young kids 0-5 (no charge) and adults 13+

Chris313
Level 1
California, United States

I was going to add the same thing. This should be high priority

Bonnie44
Level 2
Fairfax, CA

This is my request as well. Id like Airbnb to break down the GET tax and TAT (transient accomodation) taxes on the guest and host payout receipt. This is important for our taxbooking at years end.

Chad81
Level 2
Austin, TX

Please do this Airbnb. I know you are using hotel tax payment to negotiate for looser restrictions with local governments, but it puts hosts in a bad spot to pretend they don't exist.