Add Reasons for Declining: Guest rejects my rules, occupancy limits, or price!!

Add Reasons for Declining: Guest rejects my rules, occupancy limits, or price!!

Hi All,

I went to reject a reservation, and it seems that the proper reasons for rejecting this guest are missing. We make First-time AirBNB users contact us before approving or declining a reservation, and usually only decline for 3 reasons:

1. Guest doesn't want to follow one of our rules (no parties or events).

2. Guest wants occupancy over our occupancy limits.

3. Guest asks to stay on different dates or pay a different price.

AirBNB should add these simple, objective reasons for declining a guest--all of which involve the guest not agreeing to follow the rules! I know in theory the guest accepts the rules, but when the guest is asking you to change your rules, or refuses to answer questions accepting the rules, that is a big red flag!! Please fix this, AirBNB. When there is an objective reason to decline, we should be able to specify. Declining a guest who wants to bring 10 extra people is very different from "I don't feel comfortable with this guest."

4 Replies 4
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

I agree.

Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

I agree
Saludos
Michael
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Yes, this just happened to me. A booking request for two adults & 5 free infants, that went on t explain that there weren't really 5 infants but that it would be better for their budget to not be charged for the 5 additional guests