Add a donation feature for hurricane hosts

Add a donation feature for hurricane hosts

After the recent hurricanes, a few hosts that I know from different forums suffered terrible damages during the hurricane season. For the worst hit islands, Domenica, Puerto Rico, there are discussions in some forums, how to help their friends to rebuild their places and their hosting businesses. These hosts are with limited access to Internet now, have lost electricity, their roof or their houses. 

It would be great, if airbnb would add something like a donation listing, with no or a very low fee, no taxes and able to donate quickly / book the same night as a donation with no stay. Maybe with a lower minim7m, like 5 Euros. 

Providing the infrastructure, using the already existing bank connections would help a lot. 

And it’s a feature, that could be applied to other events too. 

Crowdfunding pages take a high percentage and how you set up such a page without knowing more than the first name of your friends? Airbnb already has all the information.

9 Comments
Silvana5
Level 3

Great idea Helga!

Rose21
Level 1

Love this idea, Airbnb should get behind this as well. 

Rose

Karen1
Level 10

I want to help a couple of hosts who were hurt badly from Hurricane Maria but communication is very difficult. This is a great idea!! The Airbnb payment structure could be used to get donations directly to the hosts. Airbnb, please help!

Queenie0
Level 10

Great idea! Airbnb already makes exceptions to pricing for hosts who offer their homes for free. It would seem also reasonable to offer a way to support hosts impacted by disaster.

Yes yes please - feeling helpless to help our host friends!

Fiona0
Level 5

Yes,please do this!

Liz33
Level 2

Behind this great idea . 

Jessica472
Level 1

How can I host a family from Puerto Rico effected by Hurricane Maria?

Edwin57
Level 10

Is very nice to do my Dad and I being talking about it my Mom say it will open a can of worms you know what I mean and sorry to say is call gov