Add amenity: "PRIVATE BATH"

Kirsten-and-Bruce0
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Add amenity: "PRIVATE BATH"

As guest AND host, "PRIVATE BATH" is an important amenity worthy of searchability.

It is beyond frustrating that "safety card" is searchable in the age of 911, yet "private bath" is not.

I mean, whaaat???

Please, Airbnb, INCLUDE IT ASAP!

Then, when you're able, add custom keyword search. But for now, come on...

8 Replies 8
John-and-Greg0
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Please include "Shared Bath" too!

Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

If it is not private, then it is shared, right? Why would you include both?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Deborah1, guests need it spelled out. Stating Shared Bath is a good idea, as it comes as a surprise to many guests.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The status of this Idea has been changed to Popular. Ideas that receive 20 or more Thumbs up from the community within the first 7 days of being published become Popular. The Popular Ideas with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. In reviewing these Ideas, the original post and comments from the community will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful Idea that resonates with the community.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

David641
Level 3
Union Bridge, MD

When traveling, this is THE most important item for us. We don't really care about much else, so long as the space is clean and meets our size needs, but if a listing doen't include something that indicates it has a private bath, it's on to the next one. As a host, we have an "Entire house" listing, so the bath is part of that and only the guests have access to it, but for a single room listing, a private bath identificaton is imperitive.

Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

This exists now:

https://www.airbnb.com/manage-listing/<Listing ID Number>/basics

go to manage your listing then choose "basics" under the hamburger menu on the left side.

Choices are shared or Private.

Unfortunately, I have a shared full bath and a private half bath, so this isn't as complete as I'd like but it's better than nothing.

Private bath is HUGE and should be a primary search item.  Dates, number of people, private/shared bath.

Dorothy59
Level 2
Erie, PA

Yes! I was going to add this as something for AirBnB to update.  When guests search for "Private Room" it is difficult to differenciate between private rooms that have private baths vs. shared baths.  Please either add to room type "Private Room with Private Bath" & "Private Room with Shared Bath"  OR when a guest selects "Private Room" in the room type, allow the additional filter to show the option of "Private Bath" or "Shared Bath."

Even if you put in the filters that you want 1+ bathroom when you select "Private Room" it still does not filter out whether or not the private room has a shared or private bath.  

I have people asking me to discount my rate to match other listings near me and I have to ask them whether or not the room they are comparing mine to has a private bath, and often times the answer is no.  I found having the private bath increases my booking rate, and would probably have more bookings if it was easier for guests to narrow listings down to only those that have private baths.  I am looking forward to this feature being updated!