Add to guest review question "Did host something special to you"

Add to guest review question "Did host something special to you"

You do everything you can, provide new sheets, clean towels, natural shampoo, soap and conditioner, clean room \house, entertainment like TV with Netflix & Amazon Prime, provide tablet or laptop, mini swamp cooler, lava lamp, iron, hairdryer, landry, breakfast, snacks, free show and concert tickets, be a free city guide, 24\7 answer questions and give advices  - and in result get review worse than host, who not even bother to provide a towels? Does that happened to you?

Its can make any host upset.

Why don't add to review about host question like "Did host something special for you?" so at least host will get few points from Airbnb for what he does, because some guests don't bother themselves to even say "Thanks"....

I have few guests, who book a room for 4 people, pay $35 total for all, get a free show tickets with $100 + value... and leave review like "Can be better" and in improvements recommendation to make room completely soundproof, I guess so they can watch TV on high all night long and partying - they did it anyway, but they don't want to feel guilty for doing that, I guess.

Surprisingly,  after I add Security Deposit, (which works more like warning & repellant for bad guests than like real help) quality of guests slightly improved, but still there some folks who want way more than they pay for.  (:

And it seems like nobody who has Instant Book will never be Superhost because of that... Did anyone else has that feeling?   Because you can't pick only good guests with Instant Book - and any guests just will leave ANY review to you... Lol.

4 Comments
Shelley23
Level 2

I relate to you on the feedback. I have gone out of my way for numerous guests to get "Nice place, very friendly" feedback. I think adding additional free form responses to the review would be excellent.
I also think there should be a way to limit visibility of reviews while they are in the resolution center. That's a side note, but for example if you had a terrible guest and they don't get their deposit back - they may leave poor feedback based on that, rather than their experience...
I had it happen with an instant book. I feel your pain there.

Nancy67
Level 10

I might rephrase that as 
"for you" and not "to you" sounds a little too suggestive??

"For you" might suggest you left an extra chocholat on the pillow-- "to you" might suggest you shaved a guests back before heading to the beach or something... ha!

Richard154
Level 2

i have had the opposite, gave the guests everything, yet there review does not mention that and picks on something small.

Didn't any on elses mom teach them,
"if u have nothing positve to say, than say nothing"

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived