Adding more filters

Adding more filters

In the amenities section, the hosts can check "pets live on this house". I suggest to add "NO pets live on this house" as normally guests will not check "pets live on premises", some guests would prefer "NO pets live on premises". There should be this option for guests to filter in their desired type. 

Also, there should be some more options like "NO kids live on this house", "only females live on this house", "No other groups of guests", etc because those are the options guests might choose. 

8 Comments
Joan44
Level 2

Can AirBnB also add the following filters:-

1. Smoking in certain areas of the apartment.  I have apartments with balconies why I allow smoking.  However, I did not tick the smoking "allowed" as I don't want to confuse my guest by thinking they can smoking inside the unit. It has been noted in the house rules though ... but would be helpful for guests and hosts alike if this feature will be added.

2. Balcony.  I hope this feature in the amenities section can also be added.

3.  Carbon Monoxide Detector - is this needed even if my hobs are either induction or hotplates....I did not tick this as I do not have it in my apartments but I think this is only when you use gas hobs? Please correct me if I'm wrong.....By not ticking this my apartments are not listed as business ready.

Helga0
Level 10

I think the option Smoking on a balcony/ patio / in the garden could be interesting. For smokers and smoking hosts to ckeck it and for non smokers to maybe not check it. My guests can smoke in the garden, but in winter or on rainy days, when you have a chain smoker, that's really annoying. Last time, I thought about reformulating from No Smoking Inside to No Smokers! If they filter themselves out by searching for a place that especially offers a place to smoke, that would be nice for all concerned. 

I second hour monoxide detector question. I have nothing inside that could produce any, the smoke detector would detect any fire that could produce it, There is no good place for one such ugly things already, not to mention two, guests transforming the bathroom in a fog bath trigger false alarms if they don't open a window but let the vapour into the next rooms. One fire alarm goong off half an hour later is already terrible, but imagine two: it must be enough, that the firemen hear it in their station a few streets farther. 

Helga0
Level 10

@Polly16, there was a discussion about 

No pets in the premises not so long ago some people would need that for allergy reasons. 

But I believe you underestimate the attraction of pets. Dog owners get dog lovers, cat owners get people needing to cuddle an ersatz pet and I got love sick parrot owners missing their bird. 

I don't know if they especially filter for pets, but I heard a few times already "aha, that's the famous parrot !" As he is not prominently placed in my listing, just appearing in a bathroom picture (eating soap - fair warning), that means they read either all the listing to find half a sentence in Interaction or that they read many reviews and ithe few mentions were important. More people remember that there is a pet than that they will get towels and breakfast. Which would seem more useful to them. 

I had to smile on your filter priorities: a guest searching for No pets, No kids, Female only, No other gueets, should get an automatic flag in the system 😉 to check reviews and private host to airbnb feedback after every booking. 

Andrea484
Level 4

I'd like more filters:
- "Smoking NOT allowed"
- "Pets NOT allowed"
- "NOT suitable for events"
- "NO pets living in the house"

Randell0
Level 1

Needed:  Filter for guests to eliminate choices based on cancellation policy

I travel internationally for 2 1/2 months at a time and make up to two trips a year for a total of 5 months of travel.  I always rent apartments, and I usually stay in each city 3-4 days.  I plan my travels several months in advance.  I have NEVER missed being at a place I have reserved, but I am 72 years old and there could be a health problem pop up unexpectedly (or some other emergency), so I have no interest in making a 3-4 days-reservation and losing all my money.  Therefore, I have to manually go through and delete every listing that comes up with a strict cancellation policy before I can consider the rest.  I will NEVER rent a place with a strict cancellation policy, so consider that hosts.  And PLEASE, AIRBNB, let me filter out any apartment with a strict cancellation problem before you give me options!!!!!

Please also add a seach filter for a

- waterfront/water access property (not just pool or hot tub)

- properties with transport included i.e boats/car/snowmobile/canoe

- search for a trailer/RV or tent or someting unique.  I thought I saw this once before and cannot find it again.

perhaps some of these thing should not be check boxes but in some case just a word search. Example pick and first level search is a home, 3 bedrooms and kids friendly.. then second within those you can work seach for any listing including "boat"

have been looking at properties in cottage country and need to open every one to see if they have a dock, include a boate etc

I

Vilius0
Level 1
Did not read all the posts, but I would really appreciate more options (or advanced section) for filters. I am particularly look for a house only (not flat) with a bath and no children, and have to go through many many ads just to find anything remotely relevant. Thanks
Judy206
Level 1

Me, too! I am severaly alleric to furry pets and do not want to be in a smoking environment.  PLEASE, AirBnb.