Additional fees for extra amenities (example for parking or airport pickup)

Additional fees for extra amenities (example for parking or airport pickup)

Please add the option for guests to tick a box when they want extra amenities (for example we have free street parking but can also rent a parking spot inside the private courtyard, but we have to pay for it and often the guests do not read the description to see this part and then we are put in a really awkward situation when we have to explain that they need to pay more for something they thought was free, and bringing a pet is the other example).

If when they book there is an option to tick a box to pay for the "extras" it would make things easier for everyone because the guests will understand what they can expect and we don't have to have an awkward situation where we feel as if we tricked them in some way. 

15 Comments
Karen120
Level 1

Definitely support this!  We are often 'obliged' to pick Guests/Ramblers up from the coast path/train station etc....taxis here are very expensive and we feel awkward charging for a lift...however, they all really add up as we live fairly remotely so most lifts are at least 20' one way!

Kumar1
Level 1

Agree, escpecially with regards to Parking charges, can be awkward if guest did not understand that parking has extra costs. 

Janette4
Level 1

Agreed. At the Nj beaches most renters bring sheets and towels, beach chairs, badges but some guest would prefer to rent these items.  The ability to list these with rates would be very helpful. 

Florian15
Level 2

The thing is you cannot put an option to cover all the extra products/services you offer.

A list could be implemented where you put the description of the product/service you offer and the price, and then the guest can tick the options he wants and the price will be added to the booking, so no side payments are necessary.

Todd-and-Reese0
Level 10

Yes. Being able to add-on amenities like airport rides or use of washer/dryer. Now that we need to charge taxes, would like to be able to add that separately to keep better track of it and make sure guests know we have to pay taxes and aren't just jacking up rates.

Antoinette10
Level 2

I also had that issue with the last international student. i should have been reimbursed for time traveled and lost not to mention the inconvienence that came with drivinng to the airport and my parking cost as well....he did not seem to understand that he should have paid for this or gotten a shuttle.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Nik6
Level 3

We offer PAID private garage secure parking on-site. There needs to be an added amenity that states at least: Paid parking on premises.

Although I have this info written in the body of my description twice, I frequently have guests believing that the parking garage is free/included in the price.  Please add this amenity to your list, thank you.

Chad-and-Char0
Level 8

I charge extra for pets or when I have to set up the airmattress, but the only way it works is if guests read the listing and increase their number of guests so that there are more than 3 (the base rate covers 2 sharing the bed).  Often I get a guest with a dog and have to ask them to change their booking to 3 for the dog, because I spend way extra time cleaning after a pet, including renting a carpet shampooer. 

Likewise, I have 2 guests arriving tomorrow who have said they are friends and have not asked for an extra bed.  Do I set up the extra bed?  They haven't included 3 guests on the booking, so technically I haven't been asked for the extra bed and bedding.

They will arrive tomorrow, expect me to rush around to set up the extra bed.  I'll be forced to ask them for more money (awkward) and they will give me a bad review because I wasn't "ready" for them and it wasn't as good a deal as they thought.

I'd love to be able to add a fee for pets or an extra bed just they way you do for "guests over ______".

Janice84
Level 1

I rent a cottage and would like the opportunity to rent a power boat to our guests,  but do so with a daily rate and $1000 deposit. I, as well as guests are far more comfortable with a deposit that is held by a third party. This would help add to the experience of being at a cottage as well as help me cover some of my expenses associated with owning a boat. WIN-WIN!