Address/email to send death certificate proof to be taken off the 'Naughty Host' List.

Address/email to send death certificate proof to be taken off the 'Naughty Host' List.

Dear Air BNB,

Please allow those of us who have had an emergency, as listed under the cause of cancellation when a Host must cancel a reservation, to be forgiven for death or circumstances beyond their control. 

Upon originally cancelling for the first time, though rather new with Air BNB, I had no choice but to fly to IL to be with my mother on a Thursday night. She passed away that Saturday morning and I had a reservation of people staying with me starting Tuesday at my home in AZ. 

The reservation was cancelled Thursday as I wasn't sure how long I would stay over there AND I wanted to give them time to find another place to stay.  He was fine with it and understood wishing me well and sympathizing as well.

Upon cancelling the reservation, it was stated that I could send in a Death Certificate as proof of the situation.  I have yet to be able to do that.  I would like to provide it and get back to the status of 'good standing' within the Air BNB community and eventually become a 'Super Host'.   

Mom passed away that Saturday morning and I have the Death Certificate and can send it but do not know how to email or mail it.  Please provide this information so I may get taken off the naughty list and be in good standing with AIRBNB.

Please provide that Hosts are able to come back to 'good standing' with proof of a Host reservation cancellation.

This can be done easily with a simple phone photo of the Death Certificate texted to Air BNB, faxed, or emailed.

I hope you take this into consideration.

Ronda

3 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Ronda

In the insurance industry, these types of unforeseen circumstances are regarded as "Act of God" definition:

In insurance circles, an act of God is defined as any accident or event not influenced by man. They are accidents caused by nature. Hurricanes, floods, hail, tsunamis, wildfires, earthquakes, and tornados are all considered acts of God.

I would include death of an aged parent as an Act of God.

The fact that one must produce a Death Cert. to prove your veracity is questionable in the extreme.

For God sake, this in only room rental, have the neurotics taken over the world.

I wish you well and offer my condolences. May your Mother rest in peace.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow

Gina32
Level 10

@Ronda10 I am so sorry your mother has passed, may she rest in peace. Which is more than Airbnb is allowing you, to be at peace and coping with the situation.

Asking for a Death Certificate of your mother is outrageous. This is not what I would expect from the ever loving, caring, airbnb company. (Which is currently going out of it's way to offer, for free, our accommodation to those in need.)  

Where is their compassion towards hosts like you, with genuine circumstances, as to why you needed to cancel a booking, with the guest's understanding.

I'm appalled.

Sara100
Level 4
Status changed to: Archived