Airbnb chaos?!

Carl-and-Elodie0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb chaos?!

Hi everyone,

I can read some horror stories on this forum and most of the time I am wondering why some hosts did tolerate this behaviours.

We are all opening our home to guests, which is mostly a great experience.

Unfortunaly set up house rules dont necesseraly mean that they will be respect.

My first point is the house rules is a contract that the guests agreed when they book, he doesnt mean that they read it and it doesnt mean either that if the rules are not respect airbnb will be on the hosts side but its our right to remove a guests from our home if they dont respect it!

When I see comments where hosts ask about the reviews after writing horrors strory is why did you let this guest in or let them stay?!!
Its not costumers service anymore its beig abused

My second point is for AIRBNB. Please stop with your policy and pre made sentence : Airbnb is for eveyone and not to do so its discrimination!!!

This is not true!!! Without going as far as the fact there are criminals out there who shouldnt be allow to use it, there are as well a lot of cunts  that nobody wish have into their home. People you see in the street, in the bus, in the restaurants, with their kids than when you see them you just feel bad for them and hope to dont have to interact with them in your life.

People make decisions with experience, they are not eating everywhere just because there are restaurants everywhere, they are not friends with everyone just because there are a lot of people out there etc

Its human nature to do a selection based on experience, its the same for accepting a guest and this is nothing link to race, religion, sexual preference etc its just link to behaviour and messages thread where, because of your experiences, you get the feeling that this particular guest might be difficult and as a host you prefer to have the place empty rather just taking anyone!!!

Thanks you for reading me

8 Replies 8
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Carl-and-Elodie0

I think guest behaviour would be greatly modified by the amount of information we as Host know about them,

I only rejected one guest based on his message and profile picture (He was sticking his tongue out) which based on my own age and experiances told me he was bad news.

So I agree with your commentary and wonder what is the alternative way? 

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Carl-and-Elodie0 - did you really have to use the perjorative "c" word usually associated with females in your post? It is quite rude. There are plenty of ways to express your dislike without such crap words.

Carl-and-Elodie0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

@Cormac0
I think as it has been already mentionned the first move from airbnb will be to stop penalize hosts who decline innapropriate guests.

I think as a host we need to be sure as well that our house rules are actually respect by airbnb.

I am not sure how to prevent from bad guests in general, you never know but what will be good to know is that we have support from this website if need.

Carl-and-Elodie0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

@Kate157

The word meaning has been change since year and year mostly to divide an conquert with implement of connations and contexte,

" perjorative "c" word usually associated with females in your post?"

In my use I refer to inapropriate guests, however by making this link you assume that **bleep** will be made to describe women, you didnt say it straight but it is what your linguistic refer

Thank for not turning this in a women insult in my contect

English is my 2nd langage, so please feel free to pass your way if you find this post innapropriate.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

The "c" word goes back many hundreds of years. In English, it is a term referring to female private parts, and has been considered obscene since the 17th century. 

Carl-and-Elodie0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

Thank you Kate, again this post in not about that. So if you like to open another conversation to talk about it feel free to do so.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Thank you, @Carl-and-Elodie0, but it is my perfect right to object to your phrasing. It is offensive. I do not need to start a new thread, as this very rarely happens on these pages, and it would be inappropriate to do so.

Emily140
Level 10
St Helena, CA

@Carl-and-Elodie0 

I am a tough cookie and I also raised my eyebrows at this word.  It is clear to me you are using English as a second language, but I also see your goal is to communicate and contribute as clearly as possible, so if it is not too late to "edit," I might go back and use a term like "jerks" or "rude people" or such.  What fun we could all have now to choose replacement terms for you. 

I also understand the point of your post.  When I had a third-party booking request in slightly broken English, I started to imagine WHY.... WHY would a person not disclose the guests.  Are they worried their photo will create discrimination.  Perhaps she is a muslim woman in head scarf (which is fine with me, but just saying this is something seen on the news a lot right now) or perhaps a family of color who feels this is reducing their ACCEPT replies.  Or perhaps a same-sex couple, etc., the usual suspects for discrimination.  I myself care only about what is inside and the intended use of the space and expectation of respect for the space.  A photo is nice but the writing gives a very clear impression to me of who they are, and gives me the comfort this will be a win-win.

In summary, to me, the goal of communication between AirBnb HOST and GUEST is to ensure a WIN-WIN outcome of sharing space that will meet the unique needs of each.

That seems more important than stating "anti-discrimination" but it should be both.

When I had the third-party request, I was actually AFRAID that asking questions about the TRUE guests would subject me to discrimination charges and I should not be put in this position.  This is why my post below you in Host Voice asks that we be given an option to DECLINE, CANCEL or FLAG for those requesting to book for undisclosed 3rd party guests.  (Not to discriminate, because we don't even know anything about them!)