Airbnb exclusivity

Tony_Heather0
Level 2
Port Townsend, WA

Airbnb exclusivity

I would like to see a "premium promotion" clause for hosts who agree to a terms of service clause that essentially states that you will only use Airbnb for listing,and promotion purposes in exchange for "premium promotion" on the Airbnb platform. 

Premium promotion would ensure that hosts who promote and book outside the platform could rank lower in searches by prospective guests.

I find VBRO, and self developed website promotions for properties in my area that also have a paralell Airbnb presence. It would seem to me that since I exclusively list, charge and promote through the Airbnb platform I should get best product positioning within the paltform. I would also like to see premium promotion use Airbnb's scale to leverage regional media promotion of good performing properties to increase the number of bookings. Use your size and scale to better compete in this market sector, expanding Airbnbs market share is in the interest of all community members- step up your game.  

Also it seems a no brainer for Airbnb to move into the financial products sector- broadly, to include banking, morgatge services, short term loans like clearbanc is curretly doing, credit cards and insurance products ( including trip insurance for guests who cancell last minute). You already have my trust as a host, and we already have a financial relationship, just broaden it.

Also; it might be wise to offer hosts investment opportunities first- just thinking it might again strengthen our business partnership http ://fortune.com/2017/03/13/airbnb-brian-chesky-ipo-2018/- 

0 Replies 0