Airbnb needs to me more accountable and responsive.

Airbnb needs to me more accountable and responsive.

** PLEASE Thumbs-Up IF YOU ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCED POOR RESPONSIVENESS FROM AIRBNB!! **

I sent two messages to Airbnb through their help center this week. It's been four days since my first message went out. No response yet.

The first message was about an alteration to a booking. I needed a response within 24 hours, so I could get the alteration approved or declined without delay to my guest.

The second message was about cancelling a guest that had repeatedly violated house rules. I wanted to discuss with Airbnb whether I would be penalized for cancelling, or if I have any grounds to cancel at all.

Also, about three weeks ago, I tried to call into Airbnb, and was on hold for almost an hour waiting to connect to my first representative. She caused more problems than she solved. I needed to end two bookings early due to issues beyond my control (sewer backup). Instead of altering the reservations to end early, she cancelled them, which left me unpaid for the entire stay and unable to review my guests. My guests also received full refunds, even though they had already stayed for half a week each.

I'm tired of Airbnb not being accountable. If Airbnb continues to fall flat on their face in terms of communication and accoutability, they WILL begin to lose HOSTS and GUESTS.

THUMBS UP IF YOU AGREE!!!!!

6 Comments
Waaseyaa-Kwe0
Level 1

I have been waiting for 10 days for my payment and they tell me I am at risk of being suspended? You are right..they need to take accountability for themselves and stop threatening us.. plus I am getting interest on my money sitting in their bank account?

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10

I've been waiting over two hours for a response of any kind from Airbnb Facebook and Twitter accounts regarding a guest who needed support to update the number of people they've booked.  Not a single message or recognition yet. 

Tracy1
Level 5

I am currently waiting for responses from two different 'teams' as well. 

One related to a booking from four weeks ago, in which the person who booked is not one of five who stayed (security camera footage proves this, based on photos I found on social media). Those who did stay broke many rules and one was involved in incidents requiring my neighbours to call police and remove that person. I received a response from the 'Trust and Safety Team' saying the issue was being looked into, and did message back and forth a few times - the last I received said "Thank you for your continued dedication to resolving this issue", yet gave no indication as to whether anyone is actually making a decison on whether or not to remove this persons profile for violation of Airbnb policy. I wrote a lengthy reply, informing them that I will pull my listing if these issues continue (the quality of guests has gone downhill dramatically in only 1.5yrs of hosting). That was six days ago...

I was contacted by another team, asking if I would allow my review to be removed, at the request of the 'guest'. I received a second email within an hour saying that if I did not respond promptly, they would remove my review!!! Thankfully I replied in time to stop that from happening - which I could not have done if I were in a different time zone as I often am. The 'guest' then left a response full of lies to my review - yes this is on her profile, but potential guests of mine may see it so I asked if I could request it to be removed to which I was told no. Even though this person never stayed at my property! 

The other issue is with an upcoming booking. My guest is trying to add a fifth guest, but the system is only adding $6 to the alteration total, and not the $15/nt/pp after four that I should get (for a three night booking, so $45). I received a response saying that I must have changed my nightly rate since the booking was made, and this is reflecting in the price. I assured them that I did not change my pricing for a long weekend (!!), but once a booking is made a host cannot change prices for those dates anyway!? I also cannot send a 'special offer' for the total that I SHOULD get. I explained/questioned this (and mentioned that this has happened at least once before, but I "only" lost a few dollars when an alteration was made, so I assumed it was some sort of hidden fee), but no new reply, 2 days later. 

__Side note/warning - I noticed a few weeks ago that all of the prices on my calendar, that I had manually changed months ago, had reverted back to my default settings, with the seeming expection of Sundays. I had to quickly change them all again, but realized that at least one booking was made for these lower prices and I did not notice the total was 'off' when I accepted. For a summer weekend!  

And to top it off, I can't access my calendar if using Safari (my normal browser). Only Chrome will work, and for many other things on the site (including reading the captions on my photos).. I'm not tech savvy but how is this possible? 

I have bookings right through August at this stage, but I may block my calander from then on and find a new platform from which to host. Has anyone used Tripadvisor? 

Cheers,

Tracy

Christine584
Level 2

Currently waiting over 2 weeks for a malicious review and personal messages to be dealth with as  result of a slovenly and rude guest.  currently harming our ability to rent teh property and despite electrnically reporting, and three subsequebnt phone calls, still has not been elevated to the level where someone in Airbnb can make a decision.  Poor support for hosts. 

Ken28
Level 10

Just a quick update:

I sent a formal request for arbitration and receive a response a week later that all the requested damages and other charges would be refunded.

So, I can't speak for whether the Arbitration itself would have ruled in my favor, but I can say that the THREAT of ARBITRATION was enough to get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Priscilla46
Level 4

The part I love is the option to check "this listing is fraudulent" or dishonest, whatever.  Then you get a box. So saying this listing lies about the town it is in doesn't matter.  It still shows up in my town.  Does anyone even read this stuff???  Do they care that potential guests think they are booking in the town they have searched only to discover they are ten miles away?  Oh well - I lose a booking and airbnb loses a customer.