Airbnb needs to require guests to have complete profiles before sending inquiries!

Airbnb needs to require guests to have complete profiles before sending inquiries!

As has been mentioned by others, I still notice that new guests send inquires to me who dont have their hometown filled out, and 80% of the time dont have their profile description filled out. It's part of my script sadly to say "oh I see you have an incomplete profile description, please tell me a bit about yourself so we can get to know eachother", but its very awkward to ask where their coming from, which is always different to their hometown or where their documentation states as their primary residence. 

I've also seen many older exisiting accounts for both hosts and guests still dont have a photo of their acutal faces. At Airbnb Open 2015 they stated they would require photos of people's faces. Not sure if that was a policy only for newly created accounts but it should apply to all Airbnb account holders!

2 Comments

I never accept a request without a complete profile. I just say, Airbnb requires a completed profile in order for hosts to accept guests legally. As soon as you do that I can move forward with your request.  

One very nice gentleman told me he was using his brothers account, since he was visiting him from France and wanted to come to my area for one night. I told h, as above, which he promptly did. They were the nicest family. The brother, who he told me lived in New Jersey,  was listed on his profile as living in Illinois. ..a place he'd nevervbeen, so that came as quite a surprise when I questioned that too. He promptly updated his information.  

I also require photo ID upon arrival, from each guest. A party of two or more requires only one profile so how do you know who else is in your home? I explained this when I was a guEST I someone else's home and the host said, " Wow! What kind of cop am I?  It never occurred to me."

It's your place, your rules. Ask!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived