Airbnb new feature

Paulo48
Level 2
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Airbnb new feature

Hello,

I am a superhost and I like what I do in this sector. It is only a shame that I do not have more properties to rent 😄

I am going to present an idea (which I think is great :)). And in my opinion the idea is great for all the intervenients: Airbnb, Hosts and Guests. Let me explain it.

Airbnb has 2 different kind of users: hosts and guests. My suggestion is to add a third user type: concierge.

Why? because, many times, hosts may have problems to be present to receive a guest, prepare the house, support the guest during his stay and manage the guest exit.
It would be a great way to solve this issues:
- hosts could be able to rent more times if 100% of the time somebody is available to deal with the guest
- guests will have more properties to choose since many more properties would be available
- concierge (who would be airbnb users) would have another way to improve their profile and increase their revenues
- airbnb would have another way to increase its revenues as well

The role of a concierge would be dynamic and chosen by each one:
- get guests in the airport
- manage delivery keys and reception
- buy welcome gifts
- support the guest during the entire stay
- responsible to cleaning the property before and after the stay
- manage the guest exit
- etc

It would be a win (hosts) win (guests) win (concierge) win (airbnb) new feature.

What do you think about it?

I hope you will read this message and give me some feedback about it.

Thank you,

Best regards

Paulo
2 Replies 2
Jean286
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi @Paulo48, sorry if i'm wrong but that's very similar to what a co-host would be, please check the following link: https://www.airbnb.com/co-hosting

Also there are some property management companies specialized in vacation homes / short term rentals that take care of Airbnb properties as well.

You should check them out if that's what you're looking for, depending on the area where your listing is located, you might find a couple of those companies.

Paulo48
Level 2
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Hi @Jean0,

In deed, I think you are right. However, this feature is not well diffused by airbnb. I was not aware of this...

In fact, I do not have interest in searching a "co-host". At least for now. But I have interest in becoming a "co-host" if someone needs one.

Thank you,

Best regards,