Airbnb should enforce minimum standards for user profiles

Airbnb should enforce minimum standards for user profiles

As a host, I am continually frustrated by the fact that Airbnb lets people set up profiles with no information at all! I get many inquiries from people who do not list any personal information, no reviews, and not even their town. Since Airbnb has denied access to last names until the booking is confirmed, I have no way of evaluating who the person is. Airbnb should require that user profiles be completed before they can go live.

4 Comments
Karen747
Level 1

I agree!  I am very suspicious of inquiries asking if I’ll be onsite and then posting a cartoon picture or blurred photo. I would like to know the reason for the stay, getaway,  birthday, etc. and where they are coming from.  Better minimum information would be extremely helpful. 

Roman64
Level 2

Moderation on airbnb seems to be only valid for hosts. This is so annoying! Hosts almost responsible for everything and everyone, even when uncontrolled things happens we are rensponsible for this. One of precaution which could reduce risk of accept problematic guests is knowing everything about them, or at least force them to confirm passport, forbid people to book without verying passport! This should NOT be optional, this should be policy of airbnb!

Kathy229
Level 4

I posted something similar a couple of days ago.  Airbnb does not monitor there registration process at all. Profile pictures of a dog should not be allowed period!  Hosts should not be responsible for the verification process.

Totally agree. Put it in House Rules that guests must provide Full names/city and other info about themselves before booking. No photo is reason for declining reservation request. A lot of Newbies seem unclear on the 'sharing' concept of Airbnb.