All guests to be listed on a booking

All guests to be listed on a booking

I would like to see details of all guests listed on the booking (with agest of those under 18).

Response from Airbnb

Today when a guest books we require guests to tell you how many guests are coming, and we recently improved this by requiring guests to tell you how many children and infants are coming as well (you can always state that your listing is not suitable for children or infants). We also require guests to tell you the purpose of their trip at time of booking. We currently encourage guests to submit the names of each guest that is coming, but do not currently require it.

Follow up from Airbnb - May 26th, 2017

At this time we’re not going to make it a requirement that guests provide identity details for every person in their party, including ages of those under 18 years old. However, as a host you can indicate in your House Rules that guests booking your home must provide certain details, including the ages of those under 18 years old.

When guests book your home, they must explicitly agree to your House Rules. This is true whether your listing is Instantly Bookable or not. As a host you may decline a reservation request, or cancel a reservation, if you feel that the guest is not be able to follow your house rules.

29 Comments
Josipa2
Level 2

All guest should be registred and hosts need to know who exactly is arriving to their home!

Prue0
Level 6

I think this approach is too petty if it is a couple. 

But for more than 2 people- yes absolutely and  with proper photos - head shots not pets or landscapes for the person booking.

and ages for those under 18 yes and we as hosts should be able to say no to children if we wish. I have four rooms and if a baby is staying too close to unrelated guests I cannot reasonably let the room because of the noise of the baby. At quiet times I might take the booking but not on holiday weekends.

Prue0
Level 6

I think this approach is too petty if it is a couple. 

But for more than 2 people- yes absolutely and  with proper photos - head shots not pets or landscapes for the person booking.

and ages for those under 18 yes and we as hosts should be able to say no to children if we wish. I have four rooms and if a baby is staying too close to unrelated guests I cannot reasonably let the room because of the noise of the baby. At quiet times I might take the booking but not on holiday weekends.

Ashley67
Level 2

PLEASE DO THIS!  Thanks!

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Under Consideration

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration. The Ideas in Host Voice with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. The status of this Idea will be updated according to this discussion. We appreciate your patience as we try to thoughtfully listen and respond to this Idea.

Jean84
Level 2

I have 2x Family rooms and which sleep adults and children , and do have to ask guests how their party is made up (adults with children, or all adults etc) as the request come through with just number of guests. I do this because some of the beds are only suitable for children, and not all adults. This works to a point , but again if guests intend to deceive you the just dont answer, then proceed to either bring children who have not been include in the guests number, or complain the beds are not suitable. It is very difficult, but I do think Air B&b need to make some ponits clear to potential guests like

All member of the group must be counted as guests

The difference between B&Bs and Hotels

The Impotance of reading all listing information 

I feel even if guests had to state on the request , number of adults, children and ages this would help 

Mary269
Level 2

I charge for extra people, children included. Extra sheets, more snacks on floors, more trash, possible wetting the bed...but guests seem to think that they dont have to tell me about kids. I had to ask them to either list the real amount of people staying or cancel. They ignored me for weeks until I finally got airbnb to contact them. Lets make it clear who is staying and verify the not related parties.

Alastair3
Level 2

Yes please.  1) Like Mary in previous post we charge for extra guests (adults and children) beyond 2 guests. We don't charge cleaning fees, and this is our way of compensating for extra work making beds and generally more folks means more mess (even if they are supposed to leave as they find). What I am finding happens is that parents of young children are assuming they don't need to count them as extras.... if they had to name the party then it would provide additional verification. And later phylosophical discussions with the guest whether their child should count or not.

2) In our neck of the woods the police require you to register guests (over 18) within 24hours of arrival - I am currently requesting these by airbnb mail upfront to save time on check in... but would be much better if it was completed at booknig.

Mary269
Level 2

The reason I went to charging after the first guest is because I want the person who is coming alone - business mostly- to be able to afford to stay here over booking a hotel- my fees for two people are the same as they were prior to changing the count- but now the solo travel is paying for one rather than two. I find one person is a bit less work than two.

Regardless I will be happy to see Airbnb catch up with some of these lines items such as naming who will be staying. It will happen in time.

Mary269
Level 2

All of my guests have been shocked that I do not have there direct contact info. I understand that some of the info has to be kept private such as social security number. A driver's license though would give the person's real name. I usually have to ask the guest on request to book to provide their real name because I found that we don't get their real name automatically.