All guests to be listed on a booking

All guests to be listed on a booking

I would like to see details of all guests listed on the booking (with agest of those under 18).

Response from Airbnb

Today when a guest books we require guests to tell you how many guests are coming, and we recently improved this by requiring guests to tell you how many children and infants are coming as well (you can always state that your listing is not suitable for children or infants). We also require guests to tell you the purpose of their trip at time of booking. We currently encourage guests to submit the names of each guest that is coming, but do not currently require it.

Follow up from Airbnb - May 26th, 2017

At this time we’re not going to make it a requirement that guests provide identity details for every person in their party, including ages of those under 18 years old. However, as a host you can indicate in your House Rules that guests booking your home must provide certain details, including the ages of those under 18 years old.

When guests book your home, they must explicitly agree to your House Rules. This is true whether your listing is Instantly Bookable or not. As a host you may decline a reservation request, or cancel a reservation, if you feel that the guest is not be able to follow your house rules.

29 Comments
Airbnb
Official Account
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Today when a guest books we require guests to tell you how many guests are coming, and we recently improved this by requiring guests to tell you how many children and infants are coming as well (you can always state that your listing is not suitable for children or infants). We also require guests to tell you the purpose of their trip at time of booking. We currently encourage guests to submit the names of each guest that is coming, but do not currently require it.

Marie82
Level 10

The nurmbers of guests who lied about the total nbre is scary

Every week i catch a guests with extra nbre not sure how to deal with that anymore specially durint check out 

i think ABB should make it clear if any guests is found cheating hosts can ask them to leave the apartment 

Over 2 guests i charge an extra fees for each guest

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10

Agreed.  This is a safety must.

Richard_Karen0
Level 3

Airbnb :"We currently encourage guests to submit the names of each guest that is coming, but do not currently require it"

In over 80 stays, I have never had guests provide this information so for us this is NOT WORKING.

I agree that it would be great to have all guests names and the addition of ages (in years) would be of real benefit to provide a more personalised experience - which is what Airbnb should be about.

I support that it should be a compulsory part of the booking process.

Annie147
Level 6

I submitted a post with some request very similar to this, it didn't get the required thumbs up in order for Airbnb to place it "under consideration"

I wish they could understand that all these would be "required measures" are very simple steps to "minimize the damage if any" . 

At the end of the day their site doesn't do much to protect the HOSTS & their properties; so we can't get tired of writing to them because it's the only way they can see the other side of the picture.

I hope Airbnb becomes more proactive with their hosts.

Annie

Annie147
Level 6

I submitted a post with some request very similar to this, it didn't get the required thumbs up in order for Airbnb to place it "under consideration"

I wish they could understand that all these would be "required measures" are very simple steps to "minimize the damage if any" . 

At the end of the day their site doesn't do much to protect the HOSTS & their properties; so we can't get tired of writing to them because it's the only way they can see the other side of the picture.

I hope Airbnb becomes more proactive with their hosts.

Annie

Airbnb
Official Account
Status changed to: Not In Plan

Follow up from Airbnb

At this time we’re not going to make it a requirement that guests provide identity details for every person in their party, including ages of those under 18 years old. However, as a host you can indicate in your House Rules that guests booking your home must provide certain details, including the ages of those under 18 years old.

When guests book your home, they must explicitly agree to your House Rules. This is true whether your listing is Instantly Bookable or not. As a host you may decline a reservation request, or cancel a reservation, if you feel that the guest is not be able to follow your house rules.

Huma0
Level 10

Airbnb, sorry could you clarify how you require guests to tell us the purpose of their visit, as many of my booking requests do not contain this information?

In the screenshot of the guest booking form you posted on another thread in Host Voice, I could see that you 'suggested' they include this information in their message, but that is not the same as requiring it.

Also, how and where are you encouraging guests to supply the names of additional guests? I could not see this on the form you posted at all.

Kay90
Level 3

Guest reserved for himself via instant booking a week ago, he contacts me prior to this for my address which cannot be given due to Airbnb policy, so that he can gather info on distance to his intended place of work, which I provide using google...Then 2 days prior CHECK IN he sends me a message that he is arriving at 6 a.m. and will check in then...

Seeing that my posted and stated check in is  between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m due to my work and family commitments.

I drew his attention to this as well I have current guests that check out on that morning at 10 a.m. so it is impossible due to the check out time and the listing has to be cleaned and restocked... 

he then asks for 5:30 p.m. because he has to catch a flight at 8 p.m.  or he will check in with his wife the day after the scheduled check in which I cannot accommodate...

MULTIPLE CONTACTS WITH HIM...

1. So he then says he will let me know on the day of check in????

2. Then he says he will try to be there at 6 p.m. he will say if anything changes during the day.

3.I say I need to know asap in order to ensure a smooth check in process, he then confirms for 6 p.m.

The morning prior to check in he mentions he has to bring his wifes' luggage, he has reserved for 1 guest so I ask if she is accompanying him and also referred him back to his itinerary and house rules as well as house manual ...then he says she will be coming on the day after the original check in.  This is the first time I am hearing that there will be two guests, so I asked him about it and directed him to the alteration tool so that he can add a guest with a time frame to do so, this is the day prior to check in....

He then says to me that he is not staying at the listing just her  as of the day after the actually scheduled Check in.

So he comes on Tuesday evening Checks in then catches a flight at 8 p.m and she then comes back with him to the listing on Wedneday ...He now says he does not intend on staying???I am confused why not just reserve for Wednesday??

I am a bit sceptical as I have had guest in the past sneek in unregestered guests however my cameras picked it up ... I feel it is the amre situation... he just slipped up in our conversation 2 nights prior to check in???

I CAN BE WRONG ???

WHAT DO I DO??

He then says that she is staying at the listing alone but he will be thee