Allow Attachments

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

Allow Attachments

I wish to send some extra photos to a couple so it they can decide if they think my listing is suitable for them. One of them uses a wheelchair. It appears that airBnB software redacts all attachments on emails and redacts email addresses even if we try to conceal them.

Now I found a way around the issue by temporarily adding the photos to me listing and deleting them after they were viewed. However this is cumbersome and would not allow the forwarding of other attachments such as the PDF with directions.

Now I don't want to add the photos permanently to my listing as the place was not fully serviced and the light was fading so of less than good quality 

Any one got any ideas?

BTW I am not trying to circumvent communication through airBnB but to provide extra information for a specific purpose

3 Replies 3
Anne355
Level 5
Villeneuve-d'Ascq, France

hi,

same comment, please allow attachments (perhaps restraining file type to pictures or documents),

on some occasions I want to send an access map to my place (people are more reassured by the google map than by a list of explanations and the architecture of my neighbouhood is not easy to understand). I solve that by asking the traveller's personal mail and send him the map.

2 non exclusive solutions I see (I hope it goes to the developers of the website at some time ...) :

1/ add the 'attachment' option to the airbnb message system, maybe filtering by file type and/or size ;

2/ allow hosts to add a map (this is for my case not the one of the quoted post) or any document helping guests travel to their place, in the lessage guests receive after thei have place their booking

thanks,

Anne

Frances15
Level 1
Concord, MA

I agree. Astounded to find that I can't add attachments. Usually I send my renters a list of local restaurants - way too long to put in a message, and too detailed for the listing. Other listing services allow me to upload attachments and then attach them to a "legal" message. Has anyone figured out a way to do this? I'm new to AirBnB so perhaps I've missed a tip. Thanks.

Martin280
Level 10
New York, NY

Not being able to send my apartment guide PDF to guests is UTTERLY ANNOYING! You have to send it all through external email and they put that stupid fake email address in so you can't see the guests so sometimes they get it and sometimes they don't. It's so so dumb. You should be able to send PDF's and images without question.