Allow ability to provide auto-discount to returning guests

Allow ability to provide auto-discount to returning guests

It would be great to turn on an option for guests that you want to return by offering them a discount.  So as part of the review process, one question might be - if guest returns offer discount?  how much?  That way we can promote return business and you have the opportunity to reach out to the guests directly and let them know that if they choose this host again, there is a spiff waiting for them.  No going through the search and reach out process again.  That would help promote earlier bookings and encourage repeat business from guests. It can't be a blanket thing, but an option for the guests you want and WHEN you want.    

2 Comments
Christine1
Level 10

@Alice-and-Jeff0,

There may be no need for an extra tool to do this.

Just write back to the guests via Airbnb email and let them know you will discount any future stays. That way you target the guests you want to encourage. It also keeps the online tools less complicated.

You can also send guests a rebate via the resolution tool after they depart and you have finished inspecting and cleaning the room. This is another way to sweeten their experience with you and encourage a repeat visit. 

The existing tools are more versatile than many realise, it's just a matter of Hosts realing how creative they can be with what's already provided. 

As for complicated searches to relocate a host-listing, or a previous guest from an earlier visit; We can find each other again via my Reservations history or for the guest, from their Trips history. Either of these can be used to place another reservation request, or write back a year later and let guests know you would welcome a return visit. 

Also, occasionally AirBnb has facilited email Christmas cards between guests and Hosts. These cards are a handy way to offer discounted stays and bonuses to selected guests.

What do you think of my suggestions? 

Best regards, Christine.

Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10
Yes, @Christine0, I can and do offer manual discounts, what I am suggesting is that the guest would be reminded when looking at my town for spots that they are being offered a discount to rebook with us.