Allow booking on orphan nights - with 2 night minimum on

Will23
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Allow booking on orphan nights - with 2 night minimum on

I much prefer guests booking 2 or more nights. So much so that I've set up a 2 night minimum. Sometimes I'll have one night unbooked at my place between guests. I can't currently tell airbnb to allow that night (and only that night) to be booked. 

I'd love for a setting to allow either/both:

• Allow one night bookings on a per-night basis
  • Automatically allow one-night bookings on orphaned nights with no ajoining available nights.

5 Replies 5
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Will23

You can set different minimum stays for special periods. It's a bit tricky, you have to do it by hand, in the calendar, with the parameters. 

Check it again after you are done, as it sometimes sets other special conditions all by itself. Like Check-in can only be on "Sunday"   

Martin280
Level 10
New York, NY

Yes. I do this all the time. You can set periods on your calendar like an orphan night to allow for it to be reserved manually. 

Will23
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Thanks folks, I found it. For those looking for it who have stumbled on this thread:

Go to your calendar.

Open the "Availability settings"

Under the Reservation Preferences

There's a link for "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends"*

In the dialog select "Specific dates"

Now you can set a 1 night minimum on a specific date.

*Note that the link text does not actually indicate that you can "remove" a reqirement for specific dates. Hence my not looking in here before. Could probably be cleared up a bit. 

Raquel24
Level 10
Gibsons, Canada

Thank you!  That helped a lot!

Jacob63
Level 1
Savannah, GA

It'd be great if you could adjust the minimum night requirement in the same UI as the pricing on the calendar view.  That would make this so much easier.

Additionally, I agree with you that there could be an orphan night setting.  That'd be awesome!