Allow hosts to specify a changeover day, not just arrival day

Allow hosts to specify a changeover day, not just arrival day

I would like to be able to require guests to arrive and depart on Fridays only during peak months. Like most holiday lets in Cornwall, I operate a changeover day which, thoughout the summer and busier times of the year, is not flexible. Currently the airbnb platform allows hosts to set a required arrival day, but the potential guest is then able to select any departure date beyond the minimum stay period. Clearly this is problematic as a guest could select a 8 or 10 night stay, either leaving the host with several unbooked days to fill (at a time of year when everyone takes holidays in 7 day multipes). Or, best case scenario, the host manages to book the odd few days, but then has to make special one off arrangements for cleaning/laundry. 

As I use Instant book, I am not able to review all bookings to filter out those that are not in 7 day multiples, not would I wish to spend my time doing this. I have found a temporary workaround, by setting maximum stay to 7 nights. The downside of this however, is that I'm probably loosing out on bookings as some people will be looking for a  2 or even 3 week trip. I do attract 2 week bookings, my place is always booked for the whole summer, but these 2 or 3 week bookings come from other platforms.

Adding a checkbox to require check out on the same day as check in would totally solve this issue!

Many thanks, 

Danny

8 Comments
Todd-and-Reese0
Level 10

I would like to make sure that guests who stay on the weekends also book both prime nights (Friday and Saturday). I've had guests book up to Friday night and then the weeken is wasted and hard to book Sat/Sun night.

Marcia23
Level 2

Thank-you for adding the "recycled" notes availability on the message thread page. It's so much faster to send those repeated messages!

Nina-And-Mike0
Level 2

Why don't you set arrival day to Friday and then set the min/max stay both to 7 nights?  Wouldn't that solve your problem.

Danny28
Level 1

Thanks Nina. As I said, I have done this, but this prevents any 2 or 3 week bookings coming through. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Caterina61
Level 2

Hello there,

I have the exact same problem, I'm curious if a solution has been found?

I would like to ensure that guests must arrive on Saturday _and_ depart on Saturday.

Setting a 7-night maximum isn't a suitable solution, since we want to encourage longer bookings.

Thank you!

Caterina

Emily145
Level 8

I have a similar need. I generally don't want people to check out on Friday morning because I can't be home to turnover the unit in time for a Friday night arrival, so these bookings cause me to lose out on booking a unit at the higher Friday/Saturday night rate. It's great to be able to specify check-in day requirements; there is as much need for check-out day requirements!